Intuit is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses, consumers, financial institutions and accounting professionals. You probably know us by our flagship products, QuickBooks, TurboTax and Mint, but that's just the start. We're taking on exciting challenges, such as SaaS and mobile apps. Over 50 million users and seven million small businesses depend on Intuit because we innovate at the crossroads of real customer problems and breakthrough technology.
Come join Intuit as part of the Corporate Strategy & Development team as a Director responsible for managing global mergers & acquisitions across the company.
About Corporate Strategy and Development:
Intuit's Corporate Strategy & Development team works on highly visible, direction-setting strategy and acquisition initiatives at the corporate level and across all of Intuit’s businesses. As part of the management team in Corporate Strategy and Development, the Director is responsible for leading acquisition and divestiture activity, from pipeline development through all phases of deal execution. It is essential that the Director be able to quickly establish rapport, credibility, trust, and respect throughout the organization at all levels and with external parties, and be viewed as a team player.
The Director position offers significant exposure to senior leaders across the company as well as great responsibility, career momentum and ability to drive long-term value.
Reporting to the VP - Head of Corporate Development, the Director develops business recommendations that will have a substantive impact on Intuit’s top and bottom line. The individual leads teams that consist of high-caliber CS&D Principals and Managers with resources from Intuit’s business unit partners/clients. As the CS&D team is viewed as a source of leaders within Intuit, the individual will have exceptional leadership abilities and potential.
- Lead CS&D, business unit and functional group teams on inorganic strategies, market scans, target valuation, detailed due diligence, and deal execution
- Influence and drive decision-making with Intuit executive management in close collaboration with product and business leaders
- Present recommendations and leading discussions with all levels of management including C-level executives
- Demonstrate strong judgment on M&A execution to ensure long-term success for Intuit
- Be a strategic and M&A thought leader, applying a thorough understanding of Intuit’s strategy, financials and competitive landscape
- Understand and stay current with the competitive landscape and bring strategic thinking and external insights back for our M&A landscape
- Manage the activities of external advisory firms that support the deal process
- Contribute to making CS&D an outstanding place for team members to accelerate career growth and develop into leaders
- Have M&A domain expertise in leading transaction teams in-house through the various stages of an investment process from acquisition strategy to deal execution
- Have keen business judgment, creativity in problem solving and strong influencing skills
- Have superior executive communication skills. Candidate should possess the ability to quickly synthesize complex information, structure a concise, clear presentation, and drive acquisition strategy and deal execution
- Have excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills in order to drive the M&A transaction process with internal stakeholders, acquisition target management and external partners
- Build the Corporate Strategy & Development team’s brand within Intuit
- 10+ years of experience in in-house corporate development, venture capital/private equity, investment banking and/or strategy consulting
- Undergraduate and MBA or JD degrees from leading academic institutions, with a track record of strong academic performance
Imagine a career where your creative inspiration can fuel BIG innovation. Year-over-year, Intuit has been recognized as a best employer and is consistently ranked on Fortune's "100 Best Companies To Work For" and Fortune World's "Most Admired Software Companies" lists. Immerse yourself in our award winning culture while creating breakthrough solutions that simplify the lives of consumers and small businesses and their customers worldwide.
Intuit is expanding its social, mobile, and global footprint with a full suite of products and services that are revolutionizing the industry. Utilizing design for delight and lean startup methodologies, our entrepreneurial employees have brought more than 250 innovations to market – from QuickBooks® and TurboTax®, to GoPayment, Mint.com, big data, cloud (SaaS, PaaS) and mobile apps. The breadth and depth of these customer-driven innovations mean limitless opportunities for you to turn your ingenious ideas into reality at Intuit.
Discover what it's like to be part of a team that rewards taking risks and trying new things. It's time to love what you do! Check out all of our career opportunities at: careers.intuit.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Intuit will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with requirements of local law.