The VC Analyst Intern at Dohmen Capital will be an important member of our team through market research and analysis. Additionally, the candidate will interact with clients on a daily basis, communicating the value of our suite of investment products and research, along with providing support to developing our new business ventures.
We are a firm built on our investment research and technical analysis, providing our clients with the utmost support and timely market interpretations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Writing analysis on investment recommendations, global financial markets, and sectors
- Analyzing the financial markets, including specific sectors, ETF’s, and stocks
- Researching global financial market events and trends
- Constant client interaction, with both current and prospective clients (no cold calling, all inbound calls)
- Develop and maintain a professional rapport with our clients
- Create investment reports (Excel, Word) and presentations (PowerPoint)
- Implement new methods of marketing and delivering our research and analysis to clients
- Actively participate in the launching of a number of new business ventures
Candidate must have a positive personality, be detail oriented and honest, and be able to work independently. We are looking for someone who yearns for longevity and loyalty to our growing company, while eager to learn more about the investment markets.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong understanding and interest in the financial markets (ie: Stocks, Bonds, ETF’s)
- Exceptional professional client relationship and servicing skills (experience interacting with clients)
- Excellent writing and communication skills (must speak and write English at an idiomatic level)
- Experience in client reporting (using MS Office and/or other software)
- Outstanding Excel skills (advanced functions, macros and VBA a plus)
- Must be very detail oriented, with ability to produce quality work efficiently and accurately
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task
- Minimum 2 years of experience at an Investment firm, especially in research, analysis, and client services
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
The role will allow you to grow your Market/Equity Analysis and Client Servicing skills while communicating our new investment program & services to both prospective and current clients.
Your previous experience in equity research, client servicing, or reporting would help you become a valuable team member. You will have a great opportunity to learn more about the global financial markets and how to analyze individual stocks, ETF’s, and charts.
- A collaborative work environment, working together a team on various projects to help grow the business
- An entrepreneurial mindset, being involved in many parts of the business and always welcoming “outside the box” thoughts and ideas
- A culture where colleagues can learn more about the investment markets and how to analyze positions in their own portfolios
- Positive, diligent, ambitious, and productive individuals always eager for the next challenge
- Highly reputable investment research firm, which has successfully guided investors for over 40 years
We always welcome ideas and suggestions from colleagues on how to make our processes more efficient and effective. The candidate will have a great opportunity to learn more about investments and the financial markets. We are looking for someone who is determined, passionate about the financial markets, very well-rounded, capable, and willing to wear many hats in our rapidly growing firm.
Our firm has been in business for over three decades with the best reputation and a loyal client base, ranging from retail clients to institutional clients.