Momentum is the Corporate Venture arm of SMRT Corporation Ltd. We partner our Business Units to pilot innovative technologies and business models to drive innovation in urban transportation. We invest in early stage start-ups that are strategic and potentially transformational for the Group. Our focus areas are in deep technology and engineering, new transport technology, and improving commuter experience.
Reporting to the Investment Manager, this role will support the team in strategic and financial evaluation of cutting-edge technology and business model innovations, and translating these to positive business and operational outcomes for the Group.
- Valuation, financial & business analysis, evaluation of target companies (e.g. market & transaction comparables, industry-specific drivers and metrics)
- Deal execution tasks such as project management, analysis of transaction terms, due diligence
- Origination and scouting of potential pipeline, maintain intelligence on fundraising statuses
- Assist in Momentum’s global outreach activities, building Momentum’s internal and external network, events and programmes to engage stakeholders
- Industry and sector level research, understanding problem and opportunity statements arising from business needs
- Preparation of investment reports and presentations
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Degree holder with 1-3 years’ experience in private equity / venture capital or similar finance function (Venture capital/startup experience is a plus)
- Numerically strong, analytical and logical, with strong financial modelling skills
- Keen interest in digital & technology developments related to transportation (e.g. sharing economy, user experience innovation, IOT, data analytics, Artifical Intelligence and E-Commerce)
- Proficiency with standard business tools such as Excel, Powerpoint is a must (Sleuthing and Google skills will be useful)• Project and communicate well in writing and in person
- Ability to multi-task and drive projects independently
- Ability to travel when require