Sapphire Ventures is a technology-focused international venture capital firm with $2.5 billion under management. Sapphire Ventures is focused on helping innovative entrepreneurs build global category-defining businesses. We invest globally in growth-stage technology companies and early-stage venture funds through two different investment vehicles – a growth fund to make direct investments in growth stage companies and a separate evergreen vehicle to make primary investments in early-stage venture funds.
Fund Investments: Sapphire Ventures makes primary investments in early-stage venture capital funds. We back emerging and established venture fund managers with deep expertise in enterprise and consumer technologies who share our excitement for helping early-stage entrepreneurs become global category leaders. Today we are investing out of vehicle that has an evergreen structure designed to provide long-term capital to early-stage venture funds in the United States, Europe and Israel.
This Vice President position is for the Sapphire fund investment team focused on making primary investments into early stage venture funds.
Sapphire Ventures is seeking to add a new Vice President to its fund investment team with an immediate possible start date. This individual will be part of the fund investment team making primary investments into early stage venture funds based in the US, Europe and Israel.
The Vice President will be expected to primarily work on a number of investment-related activities, such as participating in meetings with venture fund managers, due diligence of potential investment opportunities, oversight of existing investments, analysis of venture fund returns, managing the deal pipeline and data analysis for research projects. The Vice President will work with venture funds with a variety of investment interests, spanning multiple geographies and will gain experience with all the investment professionals in the fund. Most of the Vice President’s work will be to support the firm’s fund investing activities; however, a small portion of their work may be dedicated to supporting the firm’s operating activities. A portion of this person’s time may also be dedicated to firm-building activities, such as recruiting or supporting the firm’s marketing initiatives.
We expect the Vice President will have a broad experience at Sapphire Ventures and will play multiple roles in the organization.
- Attend and participate in venture fund manager presentations.
- Conduct industry intelligence and research analysis.
- Conduct venture fund manager diligence.
- Play a leading role in organizing and leading diligence sessions.
- Run diligence calls.
- Conduct financial analysis to support the evaluation of potential investments. Typical work includes returns analysis and scenario modeling.
- Analyze portfolio performance.
- Maintain deal pipeline database.
- Ensure that all information on current and potential investments is updated on a regular basis.
- Create regular and ad hoc reports.
- Attend select industry conferences to network with fund managers.
- At least 5 years relevant working experience that must include some experience at a firm that makes venture fund investments. We expect incoming senior associates to have significant experience working in Excel and creating and evaluating financial models.
- Experience working directly with venture fund management teams or leading technology companies a plus.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Applicants must demonstrate the aptitude to develop and own relationships with existing and potential portfolio companies and investors at venture capital firms.
- Highly organized and able to work in a self-directed fashion and manage multiple projects within defined deadlines.
- Outstanding academic credentials.
- Demonstrated interest in tracking venture capital and entrepreneurial finance.
- Location: Palo Alto, California
- Sapphire Ventures offers a competitive salary and bonus plan
- 401(K) Plans/ Profit sharing along with Health/ Dental and Vision
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States
- Relocation costs will not be covered.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com