Touchdown Ventures is expanding our team and we are currently seeking an MBA intern to join the Philadelphia area office for the spring and summer periods. The internship will be for approximately 10 hours per week during the school year and full-time over the summer.
The candidate will work closely with the leadership team at Touchdown and be responsible for a variety of investment tasks with a particular emphasis on researching specific industries of interest to the firm and in particular sourcing new investment opportunities and conducting due diligence. The candidate will have the opportunity to obtain significant venture capital investment experience.
- Track and report on deal flow generated by our team
- Assist team in maintaining our firm’s deal database
- Conduct research on sectors of interest to the firm
- Identify target companies and source attractive investment opportunities
- Evaluate business plans from prospective investment opportuntiies
- Assist with due diligence
Candidates should be extremely positive and flexible. You must be detail oriented and a self-starter who enjoys working in a collegial environment. Minimum 4 years work experience, preferably a first year MBA (Class of 2019), and the ability to demonstrate:
- Critical thinking, including superior research and analytical skills
- Strong competency in Excel – experience w/ databases & data manipulation is a plus
- Ability to ‘think outside the box’ – constantly searching for new ways of doing things
- Excellent writing skills including knowledge of grammar, spelling, and word usage
- Must be a team player whose superior communication skills facilitate working with entrepreneurs and technical professionals inside and outside the organization
- Exemplary follow through with minimal supervision
- Enthusiasm and desire to learn about venture capital
- Legally qualified to work in the U.S.