Amazon is seeking a Corporate Development professional who will play a key role in all parts of generating, managing and executing acquisitions, minority investments and select strategic partnerships across the company. There will be a particular emphasis on supporting transactions in the eCommerce, Digital Content, Amazon Web Services, physical commerce and emerging technology sectors. We are seeking an innovative, creative, analytical and strategic thinker, who is passionate about Amazon and the future of Internet, Media, Commerce and The Cloud. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams and thrives in a fast paced, entrepreneurial setting that is constantly evolving. A clear track record of outstanding corporate finance skills and direct negotiating experience are essential.
Corporate Development is a small, tight-knit team who values authentic, strong willed individuals that think creatively and will proactively seek out opportunities to advance the growth initiatives of Amazon’s businesses. This role is a highly visible position that interacts with Amazon’s most senior leaders, including frequent interaction with Amazon’s CEO and CFO. He/she will be required to handle multiple transactions across a variety of business categories. The candidate will act as a primary contact in supporting Amazon’s business units and senior leadership by conducting industry research, valuation analyses, due diligence, creation of strategic presentations /recommendations, acquisition term sheets and contract negotiations. Additionally, this role requires a strong ability to build both internal and external relationships with the start-up and Venture Capital communities.
Key Strategic Objectives
- Identify appropriate opportunities which support Amazon’s strategic priorities through interaction with senior business leaders, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, investment bankers, and organic pipeline generation
- Lead cross-functional teams including Product, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Finance, Tax, Accounting, and senior management to execute transactions from term sheet through integration
- Act as a subject matter expert on valuation and deal structuring
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA is strongly preferred)
- 6+ years in M&A, investment banking, or venture investing experience in technology sectors
- End-to-end negotiation experience, including identifying, developing, and executing successful acquisition targets
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability gain respect of senior management and external executives
- Ability to build and maintain a network of relationships which facilitate deal flow
- Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and creatively while applying sound business judgment and quantitative analytics
- Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally