Saleforce.com is looking for a graduate student Intern to join the Corporate Relations group in San Francisco. The Corporate Relations team is responsible for Sustainability, Workforce Innovation, and Impact Investments. In Corporate Relations, we strive to connect the company's top-line values with programs that have measurable environmental and social impact.
We are looking for a summer 2018 Intern to support the recently launched Salesforce Impact Fund in the Salesforce Ventures portfolio. This $50M fund is accelerating the growth of companies using Salesforce technology to address challenges across education, equality, sustainability, and the social sector. Through sourcing, vetting, and supporting portfolio companies, you'll have an exciting opportunity to advance an emerging strategy for corporate impact investing. This role will report to the Director of Impact Investment at Salesforce.
- Build a healthy pipeline of potential investments across the Salesforce Impact Fund's four focus areas.
- Help conduct initial screening of potential investments, evaluating both business and impact models.
- Manage process for assessing impact at the time of due diligence and on an ongoing basis.
- Monitor trends in the enterprise SaaS ecosystem and across our four focus areas.
- Assist in planning programs and events to promote the Salesforce Impact Fund and convene portfolio companies.
- Currently pursuing MBA
- 3+ years of work experience, with a preference for those in direct investing roles (e.g. at a venture capital firm, impact investment firm, or foundation) or partnership management roles at a technology company.
- Prior experience in technology industry.
- Ability to evaluate opportunities from multiple perspectives (strategic fit, expected impact, market opportunity, operational capability, business model, financial performance, valuation, etc.).
- Ability to work cross-functionally within a dynamic, high growth organization.
- Excellent writing and presentation skills and an ability to communicate succinctly and clearly.
- Demonstrated passion for and understanding of social enterprise models.
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" six years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" nine years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.