Gradient Ventures is a venture fund investing Google smarts and scale in promising, early-stage startups, providing AI innovators with funding, resources, and dedicated access to world-class people and practices in AI. The fund focuses on helping founders navigate technical challenges in developing AI-based products.
As a member of the team, you represent Gradient Ventures and its portfolio in meetings with leaders at Google and externally, and you identify and cultivate relationships with key partners based on a deep understanding of Gradient Ventures portfolio companies. You also work collaboratively across functions (including Legal, Finance and People Operations). You provide the management team with the needed insight to drive intelligent, sound decision-making. You understand the venture capital industry and bring strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is — and what could be.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Identify, evaluate, and value investment opportunities.
- Drive management team decisions and interface with Google product and engineering teams.
- Build, maintain and evolve strong relationships with third parties, working directly with startups.
- Define and drive implementation of strategic initiatives for specific Gradient Ventures portfolio companies based on detailed understanding of these portfolio companies and their target markets.
- Design and implement processes and policies to improve Gradient Ventures’ ability to invest at scale; represent Gradient Ventures and its portfolio at partner and industry events.
- BA/BS degree in computer science, mathematics, engineering, science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in business or corporate development with venture capital, private equity or investment banking experience in the technology industry.
- 8 years of work experience in areas with direct relevance to enterprise product partnerships.
- 3 years of demonstrated experience in managing a portfolio of startups to achieve objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to influence all levels of management cross-functionally and externally; ability make things happen quickly and thrive in a fast-paced, fluid and collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully cross-functionally.
- Exceptional analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.