Gradient Ventures is a venture fund investing in promising, early-stage startups, providing AI innovators with funding, resources, and dedicated access to world-class people and practices in AI.
The fund focuses on helping founders navigate technical challenges in developing AI-based products. As an analyst on the Gradient Ventures team, you focus on assessing investments and contribute key insights to drive intelligent investment decisions. You represent Gradient Ventures and its portfolio in meetings with leaders at Google and externally, and you cultivate relationships with key partners based on a deep understanding of Gradient Ventures portfolio companies. You also work collaboratively across functions (including Legal, Finance, Marketing, PR/Communications and People Operations).
You provide the management team with the needed insight to drive intelligent, sound decision-making. You bring strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is -- and what could be. By supporting the development of relationships with rising stars in the tech community, venture capital firms and investment banks, you help grow Gradient Ventures.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Work with the investment team to identify and develop investment theses, and provide financial analysis of potential investments.
- Track agreement sourcing activities and pipeline of new investment opportunities.
- Initial review and preparation of summary materials for potential new investment opportunities.
- Monitor financial performance of select portfolio companies.
- BA/BS degree in finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Science, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Venture Capital, Investment Banking, Internet, Incubator/Accelerator and/or technology industry experience.
- Strong financial modeling, writing and presentation skills.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills.
- Passionate about helping new technology grow at scale to change the world for better.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, business judgment and work ethic.