Join a bank like no other SVB. When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference every single day. Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work. They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and 30+ years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
Join SVB’s Venture Capital Relationship Management (VCRM) group in the Bay Area. As advocates and trusted advisors, building a supportive ecosystem for the investor community– is a primary focus of SVB’s VCRM team. Responsible for delivering value and a world-class experience to the investor community – the Director will work closely and in collaboration with VCRM Managing Directors, upholding SVBs brand reputation and commitment to helping investors achieve their business goals.
- Seeking a relationship management and business development professional with experience in the technology industry to join our team, to meet the goals of the VCRM group.
- Primary responsibility of the Director is to build, maintain, and engage strategic relationships within the investor community to scale and grow our business be an SVB ambassador and promote the SVB platform.
- Based on the West Coast, candidate is very active in the ecosystem, with an existing, and growing network of investors, incubators, and industry groups.
- Director is responsible for engaging next generation VCs in the market, specifically with influential VC firms and Emerging VC Managers, with partners and industry groups that influence SVB’s new client acquisition.
- Director will devise ways to connect with next generation VCs with sources of capital. Deliver effective and relevant programming, content and insights to up and coming VCs.
- Collaborate closely within VCRM and Technology Banking colleagues on the market opportunity and contribute to overall VCRM goals and targets.
- Ascertain our Market Opportunity with data-driven assessment and build strategic partnerships, establish and nurture channels, build deep and impactful relationships that help us grow SVB market share and reputation with next gen VCs.
- Drive advocacy in the market. Develop sector and Early Stage expertise. Collaborate with regional teams and relationship managers in the Tech Banking Group.
- Expertise Active for 5+ years in this space and committed to active participation in the VC and startup community. Comfortable initiating relationships, and managing partnerships. You can assess opportunities, devise strategy, form plans, and collaborate well across groups.
- Goal Oriented Able to meet targets, and measure return on investment. Adaptable. Enjoys constant evolution. Data driven. Capable of using both data and intuition to deliver results. Likes to optimize.
- Execution Can develop authentic relationships with the most influential and impactful venture firms in the startup ecosystem. Actively shares viewpoints and information with colleagues and peers to form recommendations. Takes responsibility for your “domain” and develops specialist expertise. Ensure cohesion across our business and delivers quarterly business reviews to show progress to goals.
- Collaborative Influences. Enjoys negotiation, consensus-building. Has gravitas and charisma. Partners extremely well with internal colleagues to support Integrated Wins.
- Investor Focus Has an innate curiosity, and ability uncovering needs and interests of strategic “next generation” VCs. Is personally very active and respected in the market with an existing and growing network in the ecosystem.
- New Business Persistent and resourceful. Able to ideate and devise new ways to engage clients and prospects. Pipeline development and management. Cross sell SVB platform. Comfortable with ambiguity. Able to deal with difficult or dissatisfied clients. Motivated to solve issues and thinks about solutions – not problems.
- Brand Builder Can represent, with confidence, and bring a unique and informed POV. Comfortable delivering (educational and advisory) content for the investor community. Able to converse with serial entrepreneurs, first-time founders, early stage investors, and stakeholders.