Join a bank like no other SVB. When you work with the world's most innovative companies, you know you're making a difference every single day. Our clients are the game changers, leaders and investors who fuel the global innovation economy. They're the businesses behind the next medical breakthroughs. And the visionaries whose new technologies could transform the way people live and work. They come to SVB for our expertise, deep network and 30+ years of experience in the industries we serve, and to partner with passionate, enterprising SVBers, dedicated to helping them grow and succeed at every stage of their business.
The Venture Capital Relationship Management (VCRM) and Origination teams in the UK are responsible for leading relationships with VC investors and supporting their technology companies in the UK and Europe. The team sources new clients for the UK bank through deal origination with VC firms, advisors and other partners in the technology ecosystem.
The Associate in this role will be responsible for supporting the VCRM and Origination teams in sourcing and analysing prospect companies and their VC investors. You are already a well-rounded top performer who can be a key contributor in a high growth environment. Over time, you have the option to develop your career in either the Origination, VCRM or Relationship Teams within the bank.
- Help Origination team to find new VC-backed prospect companies. Research and identify leads through industry databases, internet search & all available methods. Reach out to new prospects
- Identify investors and service providers working with Top 100 companies. Meet service providers to introduce SVB and get referrals into top prospects.
- Research events and companies attending and help to support the SVB team attending by setting up meetings and providing information on companies and investors attending
- Become proficient in holding initial calls and meetings with Prospect companies and ecosystem providers and provide initial information regarding SVB and our services, setup CRM record, take meeting notes and save in CRM
- Manage Sales Pipeline and CRM of of banking and debt prospects and track VC calls required
- Maintain Sales Collateral including tracking deal news and lists of investors, alternative lenders and service providers
Venture Capital Relationship Management (VCRM) support:
- Develop and maintain CRM, Relationship plans and internal data sources for leading Venture Capital and Growth Equity funds.
- Discuss Investor Calls with Relationship teams to ensure timely support from VCRMs.
- Provide summary of SVB client activity within Funds prior to VC meetings. Support VCRM and Origination teams by identifying relevant SVB clients and prospects at each sector & stage & geography, especially which companies are planning to raise futher investment.
- With Earlystage team, identify top clients likely to need VCRM team support for introductions to investors and agree actions plans. Prepare investor introduction emails
- Develop relationships with Associates at UK VC funds to build network and identify prospects and VC trends
Insights and thought leadership:
- Monitor new funds raised and VC fund news in UK and Europe, and produce internal quarterly market updates. Identify high potential companies with target VC portfolios and understand their position within the portfolio.
- Develop insights on European VC market and support the VCRM and Origination team with pitchbooks and presentations
- Help plan, manage & deliver events and thought leadership (eg identity and research Sector Trends, Funding Trends, Regulatory trends, newsletter).
- Background in Finance, Venture Capital and/or Technology is preferred
- Strong Relationship Skills: The individual must work proactively to establish close ties with the team and others in SVB, work effectively to achieve the company’s business objectives, and be willing to be held accountable to others.
- Numeracy and Analytical Skills: must demonstrate strong numerical and analytical skills. The individual must be able to grasp financial concepts and business trends quickly, synthesize multiple streams of information, and translate into recommendations and actions for the team.
- Communication Skills: The individual must have excellent communication and presentation abilities, including strong written and verbal skills and the ability to explain analysis, thought process and action steps. The individual must be an excellent listener, who works to understand the needs of others. Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint is required plus knowledge of research and networking tools such as LinkedIn, Pitchbook, Companies House data and/or prospecting databases is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent is preferred