500 Startups is hiring an Investor Education Programs Associate based in Mexico City to support our investor training programs in Silicon Valley and around the world.
About 500 Startups
500 Startups is the most active seed investor in the world, with over 1,800 total investments in various geographies. In addition to seed-stage investments, 500 runs accelerator programs around the world. More at http://500.co.
About 500 Startups Education
500 Startups is building a network of VC investors. To this end, we run various executive education-level programs in which we share our experience with those interested in learning more about early stage tech investing. Our goal is to strengthen both entrepreneur and investor ecosystems around the world and connect them with Silicon Valley. For more see education.500.co
What you'll do
This is the perfect role for a highly organized individual who knows how to manage operations, marketing, and communications processes and is interested in learning more about startups and venture capital. You will work on all aspects of investor training - from research, program planning and operations, marketing and sales. You will report to the Investor Training Program Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
- Build and manage relationships with candidates interested in our program, providing unparalleled customer service and converting them into users.
- Engage/follow up with program alumni and nurture the community through messaging, events and resource sharing.
- Provide logistical support of all programs from budgeting to one the ground execution.
- Manage processes related to creating and updating program websites and marketing materials.
- Track and report weekly on candidate interest in upcoming programs.
- Research potential partners and networks for lead generation.
- Help create, implement and analyze results of pre and post-program surveys.
What you're good at:
- Relationship-driven with interest or experience in sales or business development.
- Experience working with high-profile people and organizations
- Research -- you're an analytical thinker and know how to ask smart questions
- Highly-organized and self-motivated and interested in taking initiative to deliver and exceed goals. Comfortable working independently and seeking help when needed.
- Strong writer and communicator-- you are a great writer in English, and have the results to prove it
- Wordpress -- you’ve used wordpress, or maybe even created your own site or two
- Social media -- you’re familiar with tools for automating social media distribution
- Topical knowledge -- you understand and read about venture capital & startup growth
- Quick learner -- curious and open to learning about how to use new tools for marketing and automization
Major plus if you are also good at:
- Copywriting -- you know how to write for conversion, and have experience creating sales copy
- Experience running your own online initiatives (you have a blog, a podcast, a video series with an actual audience)
- Data analysis experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Must be fluent in English (near native) and ideally one other language
- Flexible hours (full time preferred)
- Based in Mexico City
- May involve periodic travel to San Francisco or other geographies.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT 500 STARTUPS
- 500 Startups provides significant professional development and growth opportunities and access to an incredible network of innovators and entrepreneurs. Specifically, you will:
- Gain direct access to high-impact startups across all industries.
- Gain direct access to top startup resources, including top investors, corporate executives, politicians, university personnel and more.
- Learn about the Venture Capital Industry
IF INTERESTED email Newton Davis (Newton@500.co) in one PDF by 1/15/2018:
2 writing samples in English
3 ideas that you think 500 Startups should do in order to attract the right candidates for our Venture Capital Unlocked programs