Our mission is simple: we invest in next gen companies reinventing parenthood. Our early stage investments are both geographic and tech agnostic—we don’t care where you are or what you’re passionate about—we just want to make parenting easier.
But we go way beyond the check…
We believe in creating value through company building.
We’re entrepreneurs, operators, and investors. We’ve helped build seed-stage companies around the world. Our passion is to offer as much of our experience, resources and relationships our entrepreneurs need to punch above their weight.
We’re also parents—we know how hard it is to be a parent—especially a new parent. But we believe as more and more millennial entrepreneurs become parents (only 20-30% so far), there will be a huge wave of innovation coming into this space (87% of all new parents are millennials)—and we want to be there.
We’re looking for someone who speaks the language of numbers—who loves doing due diligence, creating financial models and structuring deals.
Here’s how you might jump in to help us find, invest in and fuel companies, with (representative) responsibilities including:
- Working with the investment team to lead deal structure, identify prospects, review business plans, perform due diligence on prospect companies, competitive landscape analysis, research industries, market sizing, build financial models and perform valuation analyses.
- Helping with business strategy, exit events, analytical and financial support, and general support of portfolio companies.
- Consolidate market research around trends, markets, target companies.
- Partner with the team to help source deal flow.
- Performing portfolio monitoring and reporting functions, including participating in calls/meetings with management teams, financial statement reviews and analyses, and board package reviews.
- Interface with our 3rd party accounting and CFO firm to prepare reports on fund.
- Network with the entrepreneurial community by attending industry events, demo days, and representing Be Curious in the world as we seek out more entrepreneurs in unexpected places.
- Preferred location: Atlanta
- Travel expected: 25%
With that in mind, it may help to have:
- At least 4 years of related experience (e.g. VC/PE, entrepreneurship, management or strategy consulting, etc.)
- A degree in finance, math, economics (MBA preferred)
- A self‐starter sensibility, able to initiate projects and work independently, and entrepreneurial spirit to be part of a small team.
- A passion for entrepreneurship, finance, and technology.
- Desire to learn and willing to take (and share) feedback.
- Strong financial modeling, writing and presentation skills
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Passion and drive to help us constantly get better.
If you’re interested, or simply want to learn more about the position, please send us a cover letter and resume to Ross@becuriouspartners.com