This position is responsible for the accounting, operations and administration of assigned private investment funds managed by a premier Venture Capital firm. The firm also manages a number of asset classes, including private equity and growth equity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide investment accounting support for a portfolio of private investment holdings.
- Perform month-end accounting work for private investment funds, including review of financial statements produced by the third party fund administrator.
- Perform reconciliations of internal general ledger to external data sources.
- Maintain investment reference data and portfolio data in a third-party software platform.
- Prepare capital calls, distribution calculations, and investor capital account allocations.
- Participate in the annual preparation of year-end workpapers and tax schedules.
- Prepare financial statements and footnotes in accordance with GAAP for internal funds.
- Provide detailed financial and operational analysis for ad hoc projects.
- Provide other accounting support as assigned.
- Investment accounting experience, including partnership accounting
- Strong understanding of financial markets within all asset classes
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Solid analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Understanding of and experience with carried interest waterfall structures and complex investor allocations
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from accredited institution
- CPA preferred
- 3+ plus years relevant experience