Convivialité Ventures is a newly created Corporate Ventures arm of the Pernod Ricard Group, the 2nd largest wine & spirits group in the world with a market capitalization of $30B. Pernod Ricard holds one of the most prestigious brand portfolios in the sector including: Absolut vodka, Chivas Regal, Jameson Irish whiskey, Havana Club rum, Beefeater gin, and Mumm and Perrier- Jouët champagnes. Pernod Ricard vision is “Créateur de Convivialité” and animated by a group of 18,000 passionate people. We are committed to our mission: facilitating the pleasure and energy of sharing a great moment or experience together. We call that Conviviality.
In 2012, we created the Breakthrough Innovation Group, BIG. This is a small team whose goal is to internally develop new products and services that will disrupt the way people socialize and entertain together. In 2017, we expanded this activity by introducing Convivialité Ventures, based in San Francisco. Our mission is to partner and invest, beyond beverages, in startups providing services and experiences redefining the future of “Conviviality”. The current investment team includes Stephane Longuet, Managing Director, and Brandon Yahn, Principal.
The Analyst will be part of the core investment team at Convivialite Ventures. The Analyst will conduct sourcing, due diligence, and analysis of potential Convivialité Ventures investments and support the leadership team in developing investment recommendations. The Analyst will help manage the ongoing influx of potential investment opportunities and build a network to source potential investments. The Analyst must be able to work in a fast-paced, team environment and actively contribute to the development of Convivialité Ventures.
• Develop points of view on specific investment platforms. Lead research to develop
comprehensive POVs to help drive our investment theses and sourcing efforts.
• Build & maintain market maps. Create sector market maps of key startups and larger
companies to assist with diligence & sourcing efforts.
• Assist with comprehensive due diligence. Help discover all the data points we need to
feed into our decision-making process, conduct business modeling, and assist with
developing investment memos and presentation materials.
• Manage investment pipeline. Help the Deal Team manage the investment pipeline by
assisting with inbound requests, systematizing proactive follow-ups, etc.
• Source investing opportunities. Find promising companies to invest in using data, social
signals, research, etc. Represent Convivialite Ventures at industry events and
Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of post-college experience at a management consulting
firm, investment bank, or software company
• Prior experience with a VC or growth equity firm a plus but not expected
• Superior work ethic, strong desire to learn, uncompromising attention to detail
• A love for technology and/or entrepreneurship
• Demonstrated analytical skills and proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and work on tight deadlines
• Work well with others on a team
• Able to pass a relevant background check
Supervision Received: Plans and carries out work assignments and handles problems in accordance with instructions, policies, previous training, or accepted practices in the occupation. Works closely with Convivialité Ventures’ Principal and Managing Partner on various investment projects.