Spider Capital is hiring an Associate or Principal to join its team in building the next generation early-stage venture capital firm. You will have exposure to all facets of the venture capital business from helping lead new investments to LP relations. The strongest candidates for this position will have five to seven years of work experience in some combination of strategy consulting (i.e. Bain, BCG, McKinsey, etc.) or investment banking and some operating experience at an enterprise software startup or larger company. If you also have several years of venture capital investment experience (i.e. you were an Associate at another firm), that’s also a plus. A graduate degree (i.e. MBA) is preferred, but NOT required.
Spider Capital is a San Francisco-based seed-stage venture capital fund. We are an industry focused, thesis driven firm that invests in enterprise cloud (SaaS) startups in the U.S., Canada, and Israel. The fund is backed by some of the world’s leading institutional investors.
To learn more about Spider, check out www.spidercp.com
This is a full-time position, although we are open to graduate students who have 1-2 semesters remaining in school. You must thrive working independently and taking initiative. You will also have direct exposure to Spider’s Managing Partner for mentorship and career development, along with Spider’s network of senior enterprise operating executives.
Candidates must display:
- Intellectual curiosity, with a strong/expressed interest in enterprise/cloud software
- Analytical rigor and strong attention to detail
- Initiative, drive and natural inclination to multi-task without much oversight
- Strong communication skills and a natural people person
- Solid quantitative skills (Excel modeling) and presentation skills (PowerPoint)
- Strong work ethic, value system and personal/business judgment
You will play a key role in all aspects of an early-stage venture capital firm:
- Analyze potential investments and conduct due diligence, including meeting with prospective companies, conducting primary and secondary research on companies and markets
- Sourcing new investment opportunities, including proactively identifying potential investments, initiating contact and building relationships with executives, attending conferences and industry events, reviewing business plans, and participating in meetings with prospective investments
- Developing investment theses, market intelligence, and presentations for the firm
- Expanding the firm’s industry relationships, specifically with other early-stage funds and corporates
- Assisting Spider portfolio companies
- Marketing and providing support to the Fund’s Limited Partners
The strongest candidates for this position will have five to seven years of work experience in some combination of strategy consulting (i.e. Bain, BCG, McKinsey, etc.) or investment banking AND some operating experience at an enterprise software startup or larger company. If you also have several years of venture capital investment experience to hit the ground running, that’s also a plus. A graduate degree (i.e. MBA) is preferred, but NOT required.
If you consider yourself naturally curious, highly analytical, with a passion for enterprise software, then please send your resume over to us at the email address below.
Start Date: early 2018.