Would you like to develop and manage relationships with Venture Capital firms, help ensuring AWS is fully engaged with their best and highest potential portfolio companies? Do you want to help build and deliver on scalable programs and practices that deliver value to startup customers and enable AWS to deliver results? Do you have the proficient business acumen, technical understanding and personal gravitas to establish and maintain high trust relationships at the Senior Partner level at the world’s top Venture Capital firms?
As a VC Business Development Manager (VC BDM) at AWS, you will have the opportunity to support and help deliver a strategy to build mind share and drive adoption of AWS within the venture-backed startup segment. The VC BDM will use their deep network of in-market contacts and relationships to help establish AWS as a fixture in the venture capital and startup community.
Your responsibilities will include identifying appropriate VCs with whom to liaise, help driving the business, strategic & technical relationships with VCs and their portfolio companies to create new business and supporting and cooperating with AWS Business Development and other teams in order to build long-term business value. This will require working closely with the broader AWS community such as other business development teams, product management, marketing and strategic corporate development. In addition this role will require engaging with other lines of business within the broader Amazon organization in order to help drive strategic initiatives that tie back to the startup and venture-backed segment.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to effectively engage at the General Partner/CxO/VP level, as well as a technical proficiency that allows them to interact with CTOs, software developers and engineers. The candidate should have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product and technical inputs in order to generate, convey and manage compelling value propositions. Importantly, the candidate should also be highly proficient at working cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, self-motivation and an ability to deal with, and thrive in an environment of, ambiguity is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Participate as a key member of the Startup Business Development team in helping to drive overall AWS market share and technical strategy within the startup and venture-backed segment.
- Develop and solidify trusting relationships with the top VC firms in the U.K and EMEA. in order to educate VCs on how AWS can be most effectively utilized by their portfolio companies; while identifying opportunities for their portfolio companies to more deeply engage with AWS and other relevant Amazon business units.
- Help deliver on key strategic business development plans working with key internal stakeholders across the organization (e.g. Business Development, Legal, Marketing, Product Management).
- Prepare and present business reviews to senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to establishing new engagements and deepening existing engagements.
- Support a high volume projects at a very fast pace.
- Experience with relationship and account management and solution selling ability.
- Some relevant technical knowledge required.
- Deep experience and understanding of the Venture Capital & Startup ecosystem
- Technical and analytical, with 10+ years experience in technology business development, venture capital or executive leadership.
- Direct experience working in venture capital is highly desired
- An ability to thrive in an autonomous environment with high levels of ambiguity and self-direction required
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills, a must
- Degree required
- Direct venture capital investment experience as a Senior Associate, Principal or Partner
- MBA or equivalent level experience
Amazon Web Services UK Limited
Job ID: A618857