Venture / Innovation Analyst is an exciting entrepreneurial opportunity within a leading technology hub in the heart of San Francisco. The successful candidate for this role will identify emerging technology startups of high partnership potential for Runway’s corporate innovation partners. The role also includes creating industry trends and research reports in Runway's tech focus areas. You will have direct exposure to senior Fortune 2000 executives and be seen as an authority on innovation strategy and venture funding.
Join a tight-knit, fast-moving team passionate about empowering entrepreneurs and growing San Francisco's innovation ecosystem. We are committed to fostering a strong community, supporting our startup teams by connecting them to experts and mentors, and helping our Corporate Partners drive growth by engaging with emerging startups.
The mission of the Corporate Innovation Strategy team is to identify startups that demonstrate strong potential for creating significant long-term value for our corporate partners. The team explores a variety of technology opportunities, examines market trends in our partners' core focus areas, and makes recommendations to Fortune 2000 executives for startup partnership and investment in support of our corporate clients’ needs.
- Scout and screen emerging startups based on corporate partners’ specific parameters, innovation objectives, and investment criteria
- Create weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly presentation reports for corporate partners with startup profiles
- Analyze technology, industry, and market trends and synthesize information for bi-weekly industry reports
- Identify strategic opportunities to facilitate potential partnerships or pilots within Fortune Global 2000 corporations
- Support the Runway team in presentations to senior client leadership
The Right Fit:
- Comfortable with extreme amounts of ambiguity
- Fast and agile learner – constantly reading and absorbing new information
- Strives for excellence and puts in the extra effort to achieve it
- Understands that having fun and being professional are not mutually exclusive
- Entrepreneurial drive and spirit
- Loves research and creating presentation decks
- Team player
- Naturally strategic - can see both the big picture and small details
- **Knowledge of startup principles (lean canvas, MVP, open innovation, etc.)**
- Excellent organizational, people, and critical thinking skills
- Strategy/research experience (professional, internship, or school project)
- Love of emerging technologies (AI, Robotics, Fintech, IoT, AR/VR, etc.)
- Ability to create concise and compelling presentations
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field
- Understanding of corporate business practices, organizational design, etc.
- Fully fluent in professional and conversational English
- Proficient in Google Drive
- Previous venture, innovation strategy, or consulting experience
- Fluent in Japanese
- Advanced knowledge of Blockchain, AI, Robotics, Autonomous Vehicles, FinTech, IoT, or AR/VR
$60K – $80K
Visa Sponsorship Not available