EQT Ventures, part of global private equity group EQT, seeks investment opportunities in primarily European startups. Run by a team of passionate entrepreneurs with operational experience from some of the most successful companies in Europe, EQT Ventures is one of Europe’s leading multi-stage venture capital teams. EQT Ventures seeks to partner with the most ambitious entrepreneurs in the formative stage of their companies to support them transforming into global winners. EQT Ventures is a diverse team with multiple nationalities represented.
The team is now expanding with a Venture Analyst position, based in Berlin. The person holding this role will be an important member of the deal team that meets and evaluates tech startups based on their product, team, market potential and overall fit for EQT Ventures. The Venture Analyst will also be involved in building long-term relationships with entrepreneurs.
- Support the deal team in producing investment committee materials (presentations & financial models)
- Research companies, industries, and business models to give the larger EQT Ventures team thorough understanding of an industry and a company before making an investment decision
- Meet and evaluate early stage and growth tech companies
- Manage and track potential new investments proactively
Desired skills and experiences:
- At minimum Bachelor studies or equivalent within Business or Technology
- Approximately two years of professional experience from a tech-startup, investment banking, consulting and/or similar
- Analytical skills – ability to quickly evaluate financials/P&L, build forecasting models with various scenarios, develop unit metrics for any kind of business, etc
- Research skills – find and evaluate competitors to a potential investment, research more broad industry trends, develop hypothesis on how specific problems might be solved in the future by one or several companies
- Operational experience from a tech start-up is a strong plus
- Communication skills – effectively and succinctly communicates findings and conclusions to the rest of the EQT Ventures team, both verbally and in writing
- Proficient in Google Sheets with an ability to break down and assess unstructured problems
- Fluent German and English speaker
- A “can do” attitude
- Thrives in fast-paced and challenging environments
- Entrepreneurial in their way of work; simplifying processes, creative problem solving etc.
- Passionate about the ongoing digital transformation and startup environment
- Curious about new technologies, companies, business models, people and ways to create sustainable value
- Genuinely interested in understanding challenges that entrepreneurs in tech startups are facing
- Informal in team constellations
- The position begins September 2018
- To apply please submit your application (CV & cover letter)