Frontline Ventures is an early-stage technology venture capital fund based in London and Dublin. We have a portfolio of 40 companies throughout Ireland, UK and the rest of Europe, with a focus on pre-seed and seed-stage startups. That is why I’m very excited to announce that we will be adding to that team. Frontline is looking for an Investment Analyst with 0–2 years post-university experience to join our Dublin office!
Who would do well in this role?
While we believe that great investors can come in all shapes and sizes and from many different backgrounds, there are a number of core qualities we are looking for:
- You have to be smart: We come across companies from fields as diverse and complex as crypto-currencies and machine learning, to drones and financial technologies. You must have an ability to understand new technologies and business models quickly.
- You have to understand people: Over half of our investments have been pre-product. When you invest as early as we do, so much of the investment decision is about the people we are investing in. The ideal candidate is someone who understands a founding team’s ambitions and abilities quickly.
- You have to be curious: We are looking for the next great entrepreneurs and technologies, and they don’t just end up at our doorstep. We actively look for new areas and people we should know, and we expect that you will too.
- You have to have a strong drive and the ability to self-direct: Your work and time is open-ended by nature and you must be able to identify and execute on opportunities to contribute to the team with little, management or direction.
- You have to have strong communication and interpersonal skills:Well-defended opinions are a necessity in discussing investments. You will also often be interacting with entrepreneurs and investors, at events, and sometimes to the press on behalf of Frontline — it is important that you are someone we’d be proud to represent us.
- You should be interesting and enjoyable to be around: We are a small team and work closely together. This doesn’t mean we have to agree on everything, but we have to like working with you.
What will your responsibilities be?
You will work with Shay, Will and Thomas and help manage the day-to-day investing activity of the firm, including:
- Attending and participating in industry events to build Frontline’s brand and awareness in the technology community
- Market research and due diligence, analysing potential investments
- Working with portfolio companies, including research projects, competitive analysis
- Designing and executing projects of your own direction that help Frontline and/or our portfolio companies
What does Frontline offer you?
We have been carefully building our culture and team since 2013, and hope that you will love coming into work as much as we do. We are offering this Investment Analyst:
- Access to some of the most exciting technology entrepreneurs in Europe
- An independent and autonomous work environment
- Direct mentorship from the Frontline partners
- A two-year role based in Dublin
- Competitive compensation
We’re glad you made it this far! Before you apply, take some time to learn more about us, who we are, and what we do. Check out our website, portfolio, social media, etc.
When you do get in touch: please include your CV, a link to your Linkedin, and any other links you feel are relevant.
Please also include <2 paragraphs on why you want this role and how you will contribute to the team.
We are looking to fill the role as soon as possible. We look forward to hearing from you!