General Mills is reshaping the future of food. We believe food makes us better. It nourishes our bodies, brings us joy and connects us to each other. As one of the world’s leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Yoplait, Annie’s Homegrown, Old El Paso, Epic Provisions, Blue Buffalo and more. Are you passionate about the future of food? You’ve come to the right table. We want the very best talent to help lead something big.
301 INC, the corporate venturing arm of General Mills, is seeking a Venture Capital Analyst to join our energetic and enthusiastic team, advance our industry leading venture strategy, and collaborate with emerging food and beverage brands to create breakthrough innovation and scale successful businesses. In a corporate venturing role with General Mills, you’ll have the opportunity to lead, influence and achieve with one of the world’s most recognized companies and partner with some of the industry’s high growth, emerging brands. This could be your opportunity to take a role that requires a high level of skill and expertise, and gives you an influential voice at the table with senior leadership.
As a member of the 301 INC deal execution and governance team, you will be responsible for performing financial and strategic analyses as part of General Mills’ corporate venturing group. First and foremost, you will play a key role supporting investment decision making through comprehensive financial modeling, capitalization table scenarios, exit waterfall, and returns analysis. Be prepared to roll up your sleeves as you will lead many components of the due diligence process and coordinate workflow with a cross-functional team. In addition, you will oversee and report on portfolio company performance across 301 INC and key internal stakeholders. The role will also provide an excellent opportunity to engage with each portfolio company across financial, capital, and business strategy support. As the sole Venture Capital Analyst with 301 INC, you will gain a deep understanding of emerging food brands, trends, and the evolving consumer landscape.
In this role you will:
- Participate in 301 INC strategy and pipeline development
- Analyze investment and portfolio company exit opportunities consistent with 301 INC strategy
- Perform industry and financial analysis leading to investment recommendations
- Develop operating financial models to evaluate a target’s financial projections
- Perform comprehensive financial scenario and valuation modeling involving capitalization table, exit waterfall, and returns analysis utilizing discounted cash flow, internal rate of return, and comparable company/transaction analyses
- Develop and present the business and valuation case supporting the investment to the deal execution/governance team and other internal stakeholders
- Lead multiple components of the due diligence process and cross-functional coordination
- Participate in legal negotiations regarding transaction-related agreements with in-house and external counsel
- Assist investment close process with internal stakeholders
- Monitor portfolio performance, return on investment, and manage reporting requirements with internal stakeholders
- Engage with portfolio companies through partner acceleration initiatives
- Track 301 INC financial budget and ensure proper internal controls
- Evaluate venture capital industry developments and assess implications for 301 INC
Learn more about us!
301 INC Website: 301 INC
301 INC Launch Announcement: Fortune Article
301 INC Recent Investment: GoodBelly Investment
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field
- 2-3 years of financial analysis experience in corporate development, mergers & acquisitions, investment banking, venture capital, or private equity required
- Exceptionally strong analytical, research, and financial modeling skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships in a matrix environment with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Self-starter with the ability to pro-actively resolve identified business and diligence issues
- Comfortable in a small, nimble, relatively unstructured office environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills