Rev1 is committed to developing and growing Central Ohio’s technology-based economy by
helping entrepreneurs build great companies. We provide entrepreneurs with a unique blend of resources – services, connections, and funding – to turn innovative ideas into successful
businesses. Rev1 has been recognized as among the most active seed investors in the Great Lakes Region by PitchBook.
Reporting to the Senior Director, Investment Funds, the Analyst – Investment Funds is a critical
member of a team that analyzes, executes, and manages investments in concept, seed, and early-stage companies across several dedicated capital funds. The position will work across Rev1 Ventures’ investment funds including Rev1 Fund I, Rev1 Ventures concept funds, and dedicated funds investing in companies commercializing technologies developed at innovation partners The Ohio State University, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, and OhioHealth. Rev1 Ventures invests across a broad range of technology sectors, including information technology, life sciences, advanced materials, agribusiness, and alternative energy.
What You’ll Do:
• Assist in Rev1 Ventures due-diligence processes to evaluate technology, products, business,
and financial plans; perform customer and market assessments, competitive analyses, and
model capital requirements across the early stage company life cycle. Support project teams
that counsel companies and help prepare variance analyses, investment memoranda, and
conduct research for comparable company/investment data.
• Work with Rev1 Venture Acceleration and Investment staff to ensure a consistent investment
process. Assist in the completion of pre-investment committee checklist, investor
presentation development, and critical review and risk assessment of prospective
• Assist in developing, implementing and managing systems to track and organize due diligence files, investment documents, and portfolio company documents.
• Support Rev1 Ventures’ efforts (i) to attract new, high-quality investment opportunities and
(ii) to build relationships with venture funds, strategic investors, angel investors, and other
key investment stakeholders. Evaluate, appropriately document, and report on new
investment opportunities to meet deal flow objectives.
• Assist in financial model assumption development, forecasting, and stress testing with Rev1’s
CFO-in-Residence. Perform variance analysis of actual versus budget for prospective
investments and current portfolio companies.
• Manage database of investment banking, venture capital, and strategic partner contacts.
Assist in outreach to these constituencies.
• Assist in monitoring portfolio company progress and maintain up-to-date records within
Rev1’s CRM system, Salesforce.com. Respond to a variety of information and data reporting
• Lead maintenance and management of third-party databases (e.g. Pitchbook, Crunchbase, CB Insights), updating for investment activities.
• Generate required internal approval forms and documentation necessary for investment
related activities, including disbursements of funds, in accordance with Rev1 Ventures
program policies and procedures, fund management agreements, and state grant and loan
• Implement procedures for driving funding metrics and their reporting to members, Ohio
Development Services Agency, and other key stakeholders.
• Assist in preparing fund level reporting and annual meeting preparation for Rev1 Ventures
various investment funds and capital call documentation preparation as needed.
• Works closely with Rev1 staff and executive management to function as an advocate for the
mission, programs, and clients of Rev1.
What You Bring:
• Education: Minimum of Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree in business, sciences,
engineering, or a related field preferred.
• Experience: 2 to 5 years of relevant private early-stage investment and/or combination of
venture development, technology commercialization, corporate development, M&A, and/or
investment management experience.
• Analytical Know-How: Excellent technical financial and analytical skills. Broad business and
investment knowledge, and can understand and interpret financial statements. Solid
command of Excel and practical experience with businesses’ financial / accounting functions.
• Project Management: Detail-oriented; able to manage competing priorities across a variety
of tasks, timelines, and stakeholders. Strong work ethic.
• Strong Communication: Highly professional at all times with excellent verbal, written, and
presentation skills. Prior experience with client management and/or managing internal and
• Business Judgment: Ability to make well-reasoned conclusions and recommendations
regarding new investment opportunities, and relative to specific transaction execution and
portfolio management situations.
• Data Management: Rev1 is a data-driven organization, and overall team success requires
individual responsibility to identify, document, and report consistently and accurately on
objectives and outcomes.
• Team-Oriented: Comfortable working in cross-functional teams and able to collaborate with
diverse professionals, including university researchers, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists,
angel investors, strategic vendors, and the Rev1 marketing and venture acceleration teams
and other staff. Ability to function effectively in a matrix management setting.
• Sector Knowledge: Industry knowledge and expertise across information technology, life
sciences, and other technology sectors is a plus.
Who You Are:
• Flexible and Collaborative: Willing to work with a variety of companies, partners, and
projects. Able to deal with complex, ambiguous situations effectively. Must be able to
participate in programs/events that may occur on nights/weekends as an advocate of Rev1
• Continuous Learning: We foster an encouraging environment that is always learning, always
asking questions and challenging assumptions.
• Self-Starter: Comfortable managing a process from start to production and delivery. Willing
to self-educate in fields outside of personal experience.
• Entrepreneurial: Have a strong and demonstrated interest in early-stage companies,
understanding the stress and concerns entrepreneurs face, as well as the art and timing of
partnering and exit strategies.
• Positive and Polished: High level of professionalism, composure, confidence, and emotional
maturity. Ability to interact effectively with executives, entrepreneurs, professional service
providers, co-investors in a productive manner.
• Ethical: High integrity; trustworthy with confidential information. We ensure transparency
and intellectual honesty are at the core of every interaction.
What’s in it for you?
• Collaborative work environment at one of the Best Places to Work in Columbus
• Access to exciting tech startups and trends in the national arena
• Competitive compensation package, including performance-based incentives
• Generous paid time off
• 401(k) matching
• Health, dental, and vision benefits
Location: Rev1 Ventures – Columbus, Ohio
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States and able to work 8am-5pm Monday –
Friday with some night and weekend availability to attend related events.
As an equal opportunity employer, Rev1 Ventures does not discriminate in hiring or terms and
conditions of employment because of an individual's race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.