Scopus Ventures is an early stage fund with offices in Los Angeles. SV primarily focuses on early stage Israeli and US companies and build a scalable organization around their disruptive technologies. We immerse them into the market as soon as possible working side-by-side with the founding teams to build the companies from the ground up.
It is the fastest way to build the momentum needed for exponential growth. The fund mainly invests in companies utilizing technologies such as AI, machine learning and VR which are driving significant change in the way corporations are doing business these days. The industries in focus are Enterprise automation, Cyber-Security, SaaS, and Digital Media.
Scopus Ventures (SV) is looking to hire a pre-MBA Analyst to its investment team in Los Angeles, CA. This is an exciting and unique opportunity for candidates to break into the world of Venture Capital. As an Analyst with SV, you will have a front seat to see the latest technology trends and emerging companies in our focus areas (Enterprise Software and Emerging Technologies).
The Analyst will work closely with all the Partners of the investment team and are actively involved in the day-to-day efforts of the firm, including:
- Market Research / Deal Diligence: help identify and diligence investment opportunities in existing and new markets / focus areas, including meeting with entrepreneurs and subject matter experts (e.g. industry research, market mapping/sizing, financial analysis, and other data gathering)
- Deal Execution: executing new and follow-on financings (investment memos, deal structuring, legal diligence, etc.)
- Portfolio Support: assisting portfolio companies with strategic / financial analysis and attending board meetings
- Update and maintain proprietary investment software system, tools, and database
- Ecosystem Building: engaging with all aspects of the Los Angeles entrepreneurial community and representing SV
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- Outstanding academic credentials with a BA/BS degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, Engineering, Science or related field from a top university with a proven record of academic achievement, and/or equivalent practical experience
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience with exposure to startup/technology businesses
- Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team context
- Demonstrated interest in technology
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial drive
- Strong written and analytics skills for deal analysis and thesis development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills for interacting with entrepreneurs and the broader community, and the ability to manage multiple task and priorities concurrently
- Passion for technology and someone who loves to challenge our imagination to how technology can help solve the world’s most difficult problems
We expect a tremendous amount from our Analyst and believe this is one of the top opportunities to start a career in VC or the startup world. If you are interested in applying, please submit your resume and one-page investment memo for a company that you believe would fit SV portfolio.
Scopus Ventures offers medical, dental, and vision insurance.
This is a full-time position based in Los Angeles.
To learn more about Scopus Ventures, please visit www.scopusventures.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- exposure: 2 years
- Los Angeles, CA 90025