Brand Capital, the strategic investment arm of The Times Group of India, leverages brand-led growth and value creation via unique and pioneering investment models and programs. Different from an archetypal private equity player, we work with established businesses as well as early-stage entrepreneurs by contributing ‘Intellectual Capital’ to support the creation of a brand strategy and a planned media spread. We have 850+ investee companies across sectors as diverse as Retail, FMCG, Consumer Durables, Realty, Digital and Mobile and E-Retail to Health & Wellness, Financial Services and Consumer Services among others.
- The Brand Capital branding expertise and intellectual capital help entrepreneurs with the intricacies of the advertising business – helping them to plan and build effective corporate branding strategies that lead to growth and enterprise value creation.
- We offer a range of investment models and outreach programs along with Portfolio initiatives and accelerators.
- Our invested value today stands at USD 3 Billion, driven by our disruptive innovation and the power of the media properties across 'The Times Group'.
- Being a part of the Bennett, Coleman & Co. Ltd. (BCCL), we back your branding strategy with the unmatched might of top media offerings, coupled with our expertise, to shape your brand into an icon.
- Work closely with the VP to develop overall business development strategies.
- Contribute to all aspects of deal flow: from sourcing, screening and evaluating new investment opportunities to assisting with due diligence, deal execution and closing.
- Qualify potential client partnerships through excellent rapport and a consultative approach.
- Leverage existing network, ongoing network development and online research, and stay current on ventures across geographies to identify new business resources.
- Conduct industry intelligence gathering, including tracking of news, highlights, financing and M&A to build a more data-driven approach to deal flow and portfolio hiring.
- Build and maintain financial projections and valuation models for companies under investment consideration.
- Draft investment memorandum incorporating market research, due diligence outcomes and return analysis and develop customized.
- Actively support the existing portfolio companies.
- Develop customized, client-focused presentations and present to key decision makers.
- Engage the VP in a timely manner to ensure consistent, professional outreach efforts.
- Contribute to the overall strategy and direction of the company.
- Master's degree in business administration, Finance or Marketing preferably MBA
- Previous internships, work or consulting experience in lead generation or business development.
- Previous experience within a venture capital or private equity firm preferred.
- Demonstrated success winning new business.
- A proven track record of meeting/exceeding business objectives.
- Experience working with senior level management.
- Previous experience creating customized, creative presentations (PowerPoint, Keynote) and financial modelling
- Ability to discern applicable business needs and form strategic partnerships.
- Extremely professional, polished, communication style both verbal and written
- Understanding and interest in overall strategic business operations and how all the pieces come together.
- Sense of urgency, initiative and motivation – thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
Location: Redwood City, CA
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.