HELLA is a global, family-owned company listed on the stock exchange with approx. 38,000 employees at 125 locations in more than 35 countries. The HELLA Group develops and manufactures lighting and electronic components and systems for the automotive industry. In addition, the group has one of the largest trade organizations for automotive parts, accessories, diagnosis, and services within Europe. With sales of approx. 6.6 billion Euros in fiscal year 2016/2017, the HELLA Group is one of the top 40 automotive suppliers in the world.
Helping to identify automotive related technologies and new business models that will change the future of the automobile industry. Working with Silicon Valley start-ups and top-tier universities to develop the next generation of these world-changing technologies and business models. Will also be working with both internal and external customers and must be able to communicate efficiently and effectively with both.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Scouting and evaluation of promising new automotive related technologies and business models applicable to HELLA.
- Work with deal flow sources (universities, associations, accelerators, VC firms, networking events, Internet) to find high potential start-ups that are automotive focused with a potential fit for HELLA.
- Coordinate initial qualification and due diligence on automotive start-ups including pre-screen calls, market analysis, fit for HELLA, etc.
- Deal flow responsible from finding a prospect to preparation of investment or partnership decision
- Find new deal flow sources through own self developed network
- Report directly to Investment Principal
- Coordinate work packages for Analysts and Proof-of-Concept Project Managers at HELLA Ventures
- Perform complete business case analysis of start-ups and be able to determine fundamental strengths, weaknesses, as well as areas of improvement. Write up reports that summarize these findings.
- Networking within the Silicon Valley start-up community.
- Work with high potential auto startups through Proof of Concept (PoC) projects which may run 1-9 months (typical) before a deal (investment, licensing, or partnership) is determined.
- Have a curiosity for latest mobility trends including autonomous vehicles, electrification, connected cars, alternative mobility business models, etc.
- May author technical reports, papers, articles, and presentations.
- Foster communication and cooperation between HELLA Ventures and HELLA Headquarter
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related subject area
- MBA preferred
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience in Investment Banking, Venture Capital OR significant experience in top-tier Silicon Valley Startup
- 2 years of Silicon Valley work experience
- Top-Tier School track record
- Knowledge of automotive and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies.
- Experience working with Start-ups.
Additional Must Haves:
- Strong team player, independent, organized and able to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Can-Do mentality, pick up tasks as they arise (occasionally also outside of job description)
- Strong communication skills – written, spoken, and presentation
- Strong Power Point and financial modeling skills
- Domestic and international travel 10-15%
Agencies / Direct Placement:
HELLA does not accept solicitation from Third Party Recruiters/Agencies for any position. Any resumes, profiles or candidate information submitted from unapproved vendors will be considered unsolicited and HELLA will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. Approved vendors are only those recruiters/agencies who have a current, signed contract in place; use of a vendor requires the approval of Human Resources.
The HELLA internal Talent Acquisition team is responsible for all hiring needs; we partner with our approved vendors only when needed.
HELLA reviews vendors on an annual basis. To be considered for approval, please send an email to: email@example.com with information on your company. We will reach out to you during our annual vendor review process.
HELLA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Take the opportunity to reveal your potential within a global, family-run company that offers you the best possible conditions for progressing in your career.
Please send us your application through our careers portal, citing your desired salary and reference number 90072258.