GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry. GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
New Business Creation is a team of entrepreneurial investors who focus on building new businesses. The Associate Intern will assist with developing and evaluating new business opportunities in the healthcare sector. The Associate Intern role may participate in all aspects of the company building process: market research, solving for product-market fit, evaluating internal and external assets, crafting the business plan, and building the financial and funding models.
- Drive primary research for developing and evaluating a new business opportunity.
- Carry out secondary research and interview key opinion leaders to gather a well-informed perspective on the segment.
- Work closely with memebers of the team to understand the competitive landscape, market size, technology trends, and relevant business model information.
- Communicate throughout the process with GE teams as well as internal/external stakeholders.
- Prepare presentations for investment committee and participate in presentation of content with senior GE executives as needed.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in venture capital, strategy consulting at top tier firm, investment banking, healthcare/life sciences product marking, or portfolio management
- Current enrollment in MBA or other graduate degree program, such as an MD or other advanced degree
- Experience in the healthcare industry is strongly desired- Experience in venture investing / incubation / start-up is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter
- Ability to multitask while maintaining attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to conduct market analysis and competitive landscaping with the ability to translate the results into effective communication tools (presentations, pitches)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.