Blackstone is one of the world’s leading investment firms. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our asset management businesses, with $450 billion in assets under management, include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow Blackstone on Twitter @Blackstone.
Private Equity Investor Relations & Business Development
Blackstone Private Equity Overview:
With approximately $106 billion of assets under management, Blackstone’s private equity business has been a global leader since 1985. We uncover value by identifying great companies and enhancing their performance by providing strategic capital and outstanding management talent. We aim to grow stronger enterprises, create jobs, and enable our portfolio companies to build lasting value for our investors, their employees and all stakeholders.
Associate Intern (fixed term contract, six months).
In this role, the Associate Intern will support capital raising efforts and relationships with limited partners, with a focus on supporting Blackstone’s Private Equity business. The Associate intern will work closely with the Legal, Compliance and Finance teams in Europe and will also spend significant time with members of the Firm’s Private Equity group as well as other groups within the broader Firm.
The successful candidate will spearhead multiple projects at one time employing a range of skillsets. The main areas of responsibility will include:
- Completion of due diligence questionnaires, track-record information, bespoke data requests and written responses to miscellaneous investor inquiries
- Close work with the European Private Equity professionals, Legal & Compliance, and Finance teams in London and New York
- Conduct macro/micro research and analysis to support fundraising strategy
- Preparation of materials for senior management
- Contribution to new product launches, ad hoc business development initiatives, and strategic projects
- Support ongoing prospect investor relationship development activities outside of formal fundraise processes
- Creation and maintenance of presentation materials.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is eager to learn about private equity, capital raising and investor relations. This professional will have active involvement with the senior leaders of one of the largest Private Equity teams in the world and will support a highly productive fundraising team. Working as part of a small team, you will have an opportunity to make a significant contribution in this varied role.
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, mature and intelligent and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. The successful candidate will have at least relevant 2 years’ work experience and should also have:
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong understanding of finance
- Strong analytical ability combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, and execute a wide range of assignments
- Strong work ethic, an entrepreneurial spirit, passion for excellence and desire to learn
- Strong proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
- A desire to work in a team environment
- Experience in private equity, private equity capital raising, investor relations investment banking sales, hedge funds or venture capital desirable
Recent MBA or Masters’ graduates will be considered for this role. Successful candidates will be available to start no later than September 2018.
Application to be completed online https://blackstone.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Blackstone_Campus_Careers.
The deadline is 20th July 2018, however applications will be reviewed and interviews conducted on a rolling basis, so we would advise you to apply as soon as possible.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
The Blackstone Group and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other classification prohibited by applicable law.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * are required in order to enter into a possible employment contract (although some can be answered "prefer not to say"). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.