Pappas Capital, a leading life science investment firm, is recruiting an Associate to join its investment team. The Associate will be based in Research Triangle Park, NC and will support investment and portfolio management activities of the firm. The Associate will primarily focus on new deal screening, conducting and leading scientific, financial, commercial and operational due diligence for prospective investments, and generating financial models to guide decisions across the entire portfolio. The Associate will also play a key role in fund operations through a variety of activities including, but not limited to, initial deal review, deal tracking, assistance with portfolio financial reporting, and assistance with preparation of presentation materials for internal and external fund stake-holders.
The Associate candidate must have a strong scientific and/or clinical background, some analytical or transactional experience, a keen interest in evaluating new technologies, and familiarity with the life sciences industry.
- MD or PhD strongly preferred, although exceptional candidates with BS and MBA degrees will also be considered
- Relevant work experience, ideally in life science-focused investing, business development, banking, or consulting (2-5 years of work experience), or finance focused MBA
- Exceptional intelligence and intellectual curiosity
- Impeccable integrity, work ethic, and commitment
- Strong financial modeling, writing, and communication skills including command of Microsoft Office products; specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Motivated to learn the investing business
- Organized, detail-oriented personality with the ability to multi-task in an entrepreneurial environment
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills who enjoys working in a collaborative firm culture and can excel in rigorous, demanding and unstructured environments
Compensation will be competitive for the industry but note that relocation assistance will not be provided