Relay Ventures invests in exceptional founders building technology companies that have the potential to redefine how we interact with the world around us. Our portfolio includes over 100 investments with more than 42 successful exits through IPO and M&A. With offices in Menlo Park and Toronto, Relay invests in startups across the US and Canada with a focus on seed and Series A.
We are looking for a motivated self-starter who will be an impactful member of our investment team in Menlo Park. You’ll be working closely with the firm’s partners to analyze investment opportunities, support portfolio companies, and execute on the fund’s strategy. As an Associate Partner (Principal), you’ll be empowered to make investment decisions and will be responsible for leading deals from sourcing to sitting on the board. You’ll be expected to bring a unique point of view to the table and build a strong network to leverage. As a key member of our team, you’ll be foundational to our Silicon Valley presence and will have the opportunity to determine the next generation of companies in the Relay portfolio.
- Self-motivated and highly productive, can work independently without much direction
- Ability to formulate opinions and build conviction for investments
- Curiosity and enthusiasm for learning
- Entrepreneurial spirit, desire to be part of a small, fast-moving team
- Ability to manage and prioritize many tasks and juggle multiple projects
- Digital product fluency, ability to assess consumer and enterprise products
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, comfortable discussing and debating
- Ability to innovate and challenge the norm
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent business and personal judgment
- Great networking and social skills
- Sense of humor and positive attitude
- Deal sourcing and and evaluating opportunities
- Meeting entrepreneurs, identifying and tracking promising startups and investment areas
- Conducting due diligence
- Researching and staying up-to-date on emerging business trends
- Networking and engaging with founders, the broader tech community, and other VCs
- Supporting Relay’s portfolio founders and companies by organizing events, helping with key hires, assisting with business development, making customer introductions, strategizing for fundraising rounds, etc.
- Contributing to building Relay’s brand while also building your individual brand
- Executing on Relay’s fund strategy while pushing the team to continue innovating and thinking about ways to reinvent and improve the firm
- Prior venture capital experience required; you are (or have been) an Associate at a venture capital firm
- Prior operating experience required; you are (or have been) in an engineering or product management role at a technology company
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field (preferred) and an MBA
Please submit a PDF of your resume and a concise 150 word answer to the following question:
What is one startup currently in Relay’s portfolio that you are skeptical about and why?
Submissions will be reviewed as they are received. Thank you for the time and effort you put into applying for this position however, due to the high volume of applicants, only those selected for the next step in the process will be contacted.
Relay Ventures is a member of the National Venture Capital Association, Canadian Venture Capital Association and is a proud supporter of #MovingForward.
Relay Ventures is an equal opportunity employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.