As an Associate at Paua Ventures, you will be an integral part of the investment team. You will help to identify and win the best start ups in the European ecosystem for Paua and gain deep insights into our diverse portfolio of early stage and growth companies, as well as into our investment decision process.
- Source potential investment opportunities in Europe
- Analyze and evaluate businesses by conducting due diligence and reference calls, researching industry sectors, interviewing the founding teams and checking financial models
- Attend events, meet entrepreneurs and build relationships with founders
- Take part in keeping our own investors informed by helping to prepare materials for quarterly updates and our annual meeting
- Support Paua Ventures’ portfolio companies as they grow their business (this can include analyzing competitors, market opportunities or attending board meetings)
We are looking for an Associate, who shares our love for technology and start-ups, who is enthusiastic about identifying and winning the best deals and who is keen to work with amazing and inspiring founders from the very beginning of their journey.
- You have a passion for groundbreaking technology and a good understanding of the start-up scene
- You are a digital native, have an entrepreneurial mindset, are naturally curious and love to check out new and innovative products, which can impact the way we live and work — it’s a plus, if you have founded already your own company (ideally in another ecosystem than Berlin, e.g. in Lisbon, London, Stockholm or Tallin)
- You are an independent thinker with excellent analytical skills and always willing to challenge the mainstream mindset
- You have strong written and oral communication skills and a “roll up your sleeves” and “get stuff done” personality
- You love meeting people & entrepreneurs and have build up already your own strong and diverse network in the European start-up world
- You have 2–4 years of experience in high performance environments and have worked ideally in the tech industry (ideally B2B), in Product Management or Business Development
- You are a great team player, but can work also independently
- You’re fluent in English and further language skills, in particular German, are a plus
- Coding skills are an extra plus ;-)
This position is a 2-years Associate program, where you will be working with different members of the team and building up expertise regarding the various phases of an investment process. After that, we might decide to build a company together or maybe you will want to join one of our portfolio companies or continue as a venture capitalist.