Scale Venture Partners is a Silicon Valley-based, technology-focused, venture capital firm. We invest in startups, usually but not exclusively, enterprise software companies, that have established early product market fit and are ready to scale. Our investments in SaaS include Box (BOX), ExactTarget (ET), RingCentral (RNG), Omniture (OMTR) and HubSpot (HUBS). Recent markets of interest for us include DevOps/Public Cloud ( Cloudhealth, Threatstack, JFrog), AI (Textio, Solvvy, and Unbabel) and frontier tech (DroneDeploy, and Locus Robotics). We believe these companies are changing the future of work and we are excited to be a part of that change.
The investment team at Scale is looking to add an Associate, someone with a demonstrated affinity for early stage technology companies and a keen lens for the newest technology markets and trends. This role will involve finding and sourcing deals, conducting due diligence and deal analysis, and taking part in all investment team activities. More specifically, this might include attending industry events and conferences, authoring blog posts and research material, and brainstorming new trends and markets not yet on the firm’s radar. We are open to both business-oriented and consumer-oriented backgrounds.
What might this resemble? You’ve lived in the Bay Area for a few years, tried (even failed) at building a startup before joining an early stage company that had early signs of success. Product and engineering vs. business-focused role, we are open. You have a demonstrated interest in the newest technology that goes beyond your job and is your passion. You have a strong network of peers, colleagues, friends, advisors in the tech ecosystem and foster those relationships. You’ve worked in a team atmosphere and know how great teams operate but aren’t afraid to venture solo to drive deal flow.
- 2-3 years of experience in an operational role at a technology company in the Bay Area, top-tier investment bank or consulting firm
- Established industry network and strong relationship-building skills
- Technical background a bonus, but not necessary
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial drive in your career is a strong plus
- Intellectual curiosity and a need to dig into new material to fully grok
- Strong oral and written skills, an ability to connect with founders and to succinctly convey ideas to the team internally
- Prior experience working or playing on teams and an appreciation for team approach
- Have the ability to work hard and get things done
- Driven and motivated, self-starter
- Effective communication style and ability to drive influence
- Growth mindset, adaptive to change and individually motivated