ORIX Growth Capital is seeking a Director to help continue successfully growing the ORIX Growth Capital platform. This investment professional will have responsibility for new investments and investment performance including establishing and deepening relationships with venture capital and private equity funds, technology firms and intermediaries, identifying and winning quality financings, leading diligence and investment approval and assisting with ongoing portfolio success. ORIX Growth Capital is proud of its talented team, strong industry relationships and commitment to long term success.
- Develop a complete understanding of an emerging growth company by evaluating the entity’s market opportunity, competition, product, sales and growth, operations, financial statements and projections, management strength, equity support, capital structure and collateral
- Extensive business development, transaction identification and analysis and underwriting
- Evaluation and recommendation must be synthesized in a clear and concise investment memo for investment decisions with executive management
- Monitor the financial performance and compliance of portfolio accounts, remain current on industry trends and competitive landscape, monitor the venture markets for relevant news, review legal documents, and collaborate with senior management in the growth and success of ORIX Growth Capital
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required and a Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of venture and growth company, equity and debt investing and/or investment banking expertise is required
- Wide range network in the venture and growth equity and growth company ecosystem
- Knowledge of the venture and growth company sector with technology and/or healthcare sector expertise
- Ability to comfortably work with multiple concurrent transactions
- Sound business judgment and decision making abilities
- Excellent organizational, communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize assignments, and to meet critical and established deadlines; Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Professional business image and excellent command of the English language, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to learn quickly and demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a high-performance team
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines and constant interruptions; Ability to adjust priorities in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong accounting/financial modeling and analytical skills supported by a high proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
The intent of this position description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbent(s) in this position. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties in this description and incumbent(s) may be required to perform position-related tasks other than those specifically listed in this description.
ORIX USA is an equal opportunity employer, providing equal employment opportunities (EEO), and is committed to diversifying its workforce. All employees and applicants for employment will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, protected veteran status or other status protected by law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.