Version One Ventures (https://versionone.vc) is hiring an associate for a two- to three-year role where he/she will learn about the business of venture capital and get the opportunity to work with some really interesting startups. The primary responsibility will be to help manage the day-to-day activities of the fund, including:
- Identifying new and interesting entrepreneurs and companies that align with our investment thesis on network effects
- Performing market research and due diligence for potential investments
- Reporting for our investors, including writing quarterly updates and preparing LP advisory board meetings
- Working with existing portfolio companies, including helping out with hiring, financial modeling, and research
- Executing projects of your own direction that help Version One and/or our portfolio companies
What are we looking for? Our future teammate is someone who demonstrates:
- Native understanding of the startup ecosystem, and what network effects are
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good product instincts – you get what a great product is made of
- Strong interpersonal skills – you’ll often be talking to entrepreneurs and other investors
- Data-driven thinking with good Excel modeling skills
- Ideally, prior design or programming experience or work in an investment or Internet-related position
- Bonus: knowledge of crypto/blockchain and/or genomics/biosciences/healthcare
Because Version One has portfolio companies from SF to New York, Vancouver to Toronto, you should also be excited about hitting the road.
What we’d like to know:
- Why do you want to be in VC, why Version One, why now?
- What areas are of interest to you when it comes to investing and why?
- What is an example of an initiative you took or side project you’ve worked on outside of work or school?
- At least 3 links that best describe you (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
Applications are open until end of day on Sunday, August 26th. The position is available immediately and is based in San Francisco, CA.