Would you like to build and manage relationships with venture capital (VC) firms, super angels, family offices and key accelerators that are funding the most disruptive high growth startups, influencing decision making towards utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud as the basis for their portfolio companies’ infrastructure? Do you have the business acumen, the technical insight, relationship development skills and the background necessary to establish credibility and integrate with the startup/VC/A&I ecosystem to reinforce Amazon’s leadership as the cloud computing platform of choice in the startup space?
Amazon Internet Services Pvt. Ltd (AISPL) is the local seller of cloud computing services of Amazon referred as Amazon Web Services ("AWS") which enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on Amazon’s industry- leading cloud computing infrastructure. As a business development manager within AISPL, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of AWS cloud computing platform within the startup ecosystem. Your responsibilities will include identifying appropriate VCs/Super Angels/Family Offices & A&Is to target, driving the necessary business and technical relationships with those firms and their portfolio companies to drive customer engagements in those accounts, and to work closely with the AISPL business development, marketing & solution architects teams to drive the day-to-day interactions with the portfolio companies in order to support their growth.
The ideal candidate will possess both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement at the General Partner/CXO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to effectively interact with CTOs, and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technology, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A builder mentality and a keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Startup Business Development team in helping to drive overall AWS cloud market and technical strategy with the startup ecosystem.
- Identify, build & manage key VCs/A&Is/Super Angels/Family Offices/Startup Communities portfolio companies that have infrastructure needs, and drive engagement with them
- Take on the first-call with the startups on AWS cloud guidance and nurture them on the platform
- Execute the strategic startup business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. account teams, marketing, legal, solution architect, support, business development etc.)
- Coordinate AISPL-led startup events along with Startup marketing team and participate in relevant 3rd party startup events
- Represent AISPL and take up speaking opportunities in relevant startup events and platforms
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to establishing new engagements
- Technical degree required - MBA, Computer Science, and/or Engineering/Math background
- 9+ years of BD/sales or startup/investor experience within the technology industry
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key.
- Self-reliant, adaptable, hardworking, decisive, and professional
- Some basic technical knowledge is helpful, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, content delivery networks (CDNs) etc. with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to clearly articulate the application of different AWS services.
- Experience in technology investment (VC) and/or entrepreneur/founder background with appropriate knowledge/networks of the Venture Capital, Accelerators and Incubators community
- Passionate about Startups and should be a regular at key startup events
- Passionate about Technology with decent knowledge about cloud and technology trends