The Corporate Development team holds the reins to much of our worldwide growth. As a member of the Corporate Development team, you work collaboratively across functions (including Product, Legal, Finance and People Operations) to identify, evaluate, and discuss both acquisition and strategic investment opportunities specifically in Asia. You provide the management team with the needed insight to drive intelligent, sound decision-making. You understand the industry landscape and regional nuances, and harness them to manage agreements and integration. With an air of humility, you bring strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is -- and what could be.
The Corporate Development team drives Google's worldwide growth by identifying exciting acquisition and strategic investment opportunities -- and then working to make them happen. Consisting of experienced merger-and-acquisition leaders, investment professionals, strategy specialists, and integration experts, we're dedicated to identifying the business opportunities of tomorrow. We find and evaluate acquisition and strategic investment opportunities across existing and future markets, drive management team decisions, lead agreement discussions, and help manage post-acquisition integration and performance evaluation.
- Build connections with regional investor and start-up ecosystems, and identify, evaluate, and value acquisition and strategic investment opportunities.
- Drive management team decisions and lead agreement discussions and execution.
- Manage post-acquisition integration.
- Serve as a board member or observer on regional investments.
- Interface with Google Product and Engineering teams, and collaborate with broader geographically dispersed teams.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in corporate development, venture capital, private equity or investment banking in the technology industry.
- Quantitative and qualitative analytical experience, including experience building financial models and valuing companies.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Mandarin fluently and idiomatically.
- MBA or other advanced degree.
- 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Internet, communications and/or e-commerce experience.
- Experience working on cross-border transactions and working within the Chinese industry.
- Effective communication skills.