The Corporate Development team holds the reins to much of our worldwide growth. As a member of the Corporate Development team, you work collaboratively across functions (including Legal, Finance and People Operations) to identify and evaluate both acquisition and investment opportunities. You provide the management team with the needed insight to drive intelligent, sound decision-making. You understand the industry landscape and harness it to manage our deals and integration. With an air of humility, you bring strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is -- and what could be.
The Corporate Development team guarantees Google's worldwide growth by identifying the appropriate acquisitions and investments -- and then working to make them happen. Consisting of experienced merger-and-acquisition leaders and integration experts, we're dedicated to identifying the business opportunities of tomorrow. We find and evaluate acquisition opportunities across existing and future markets, drive management team decisions, lead deal negotiations, and help manage post-acquisition integration and performance evaluation.
- Build connections with regional investor and start-up ecosystems, and identify and evaluate investment opportunities.
- Drive management team decisions, and lead agreement discussions and execution.
- Manage post-acquisition integration.
- Serve as a board member or observer on regional investments.
- Interface with multiple teams and influence management team decisions. Communicate effectively with Hindi speaking clients.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in corporate development, venture capital, private equity or investment banking experience in the technology industry.
- Ability to speak and write in English and Hindi fluently and idiomatically.
- MBA degree.
- 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working in an internet, communications and/or e-commerce related role.
- Experience working on cross-border transactions and working in India.
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, with experience in building financial models and valuing companies.
Publication date: 5/12/18