Ally's Corporate Strategy team leads the overall strategic planning process, drives several strategic initiatives to improve business performance, accelerate growth and asset diversification and help Ally evolve as a digital financial services partner for its customers. In addition, Corporate Strategy team also leads business development and Ally Ventures and is responsible for identifying potential M&A and partnership opportunities. The Director, Corporate Strategy will support the strategic planning process and other key initiatives of the Corporate Strategy team.
- Provides support to the Exec. Director, Corporate Strategy in the development and alignment of strategy across the organization
- Support the exploration of growth and other strategic priorities across the enterprise
- Participate in the annual strategic planning process and development of detailed operating plan
- May take the lead on strategic projects and develop action planning for key initiatives
- Assess market trends and implications for Ally based on through comprehensive research and data analysis. Contribute to assessments through analysis and documentation of findings
- Coordinate with Finance and Communications partners, and other internal and external stakeholders, to direct the business's strategic objectives
- Provide analysis of metrics and routines to measure performance towards strategic goals
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal business partners
- Translate strategies into actionable and quantitative plans
- Prepare presentation materials for Corporate Strategy senior leadership
- Bachelors' degree in business, finance, engineering, science, economics or other related field required, MBA strongly preferred
- 10+ years of relevant work experience, with a background in consumer financial services strongly preferred
- Experience researching, developing and implementing corporate strategic plan, procedures and identifying growth opportunities is a plus
- Previous experience with a top tier consulting firm or well respected strategy team is highly desired
- Strong business acumen and experience collaborating in a matrix organization
- Proven project management skills and experience
- Excellent analytical skills, must be able to leverage data to develop insights and support or disprove hypothesis
- Ability to manage multiple work streams and competing priorities
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills
- Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships at all levels of the organization
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digital financial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digital wealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Finance strives to be a trusted adviser to the enterprise and prides itself on maintaining the highest level of integrity and accountability. Finance is responsible for finance reporting, financial analysis, accounting, strategy and planning, tax and investor relations.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and bonus pay potential based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid time-off program with an emphasis on work-life balance.
Ally offers a variety of benefits to protect your health and well-being, provide financial security and balance your work-life needs including:
- Industry-leading 401K Retirement Savings Plan including Matching and Company Contributions
- Comprehensive wellness program with financial incentives designed to help you achieve your best health
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax dependent care and commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including Paid Parental & Caregiver Leave, Adoption Assistance, Back-up Child & Adult/Elder Care, Child Care Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, LifeMatters Employee Assistance Program, Weight Watchers and other employee discount programs
Ally is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We extend equal employment opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, military or veteran status, genetic disposition or any other reason protected by law.