Andreessen Horowitz, a high technology venture capital firm, has an immediate opening for a Deal Operations Partner.
Andreessen Horowitz is a $7.1 billion venture capital firm focused on software investments. The firm backs startups of all stages and its investments include Affirm, Airbnb, Apeel, Buzzfeed, Coinbase, Databricks, DigitalOcean, Freenome, GitHub, Instacart, Lyft, Pinterest, Shield.ai, Slack, and Tanium.
In this role, you own the a16z deal process, from initial inbound deals to deal close. You’ll have visibility to all deals flowing through the firm and will be responsible for:
- Reviewing inbound business plans, triaging and ensuring these are reviewed with the right investing team
- Ensuring all deals have the appropriate reviews and sign-offs for investment from General Partners to working with finance and legal on the due diligence process
- Reporting across all deals under review to the firm
You will work cross-functionally with the rest of the Firm Operations team as well as the Investing Team. You must be comfortable working with standard CRM solutions as well as business reporting tools. You must be detailed oriented and results driven.
This role requires that you can function with the highest level of integrity within a highly confidential environment. You must believe in and demonstrate the utmost respect and empathy for all entrepreneurs and their work. You must have proven experience in high pressure client-facing situations, working with a variety of executive styles and ability to handle all with action and grace.
Ideal Candidate Background:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of experience working in consulting, investment banking or technology
- Ability to synthesize complex information and communicate it in a relevant way to different audiences (both written and verbal)
- High emotional intelligence such that people both inside and outside the firm really want to work with you
- Excellent attention to detail and follow through, natural project manager
- Ability to juggle multiple items and work on tight deadlines
- Desire and ability to learn about venture capital, new domains and technologies quickly