We partner with innovators to build ideas into products, grow products into businesses and scale businesses that leverage and transform the Samsung ecosystem.
We started in 2012 on a mission to create breakout software and services and foster a startup culture at Samsung. Since then, our small group has become a global organization that has empowered thousands of entrepreneurs around the world who share our passion for executing against big and bold ideas and building, growing and scaling businesses.
Our team develops products, invests in startups and acquires businesses ready for scale. With a focus on cutting-edge software and services such as IoT, AI, AR/VR, Data Analytics, Cyber security and other transformative frontier technologies, we collaborate with seasoned founders and talented companies, providing our capital, resources, expertise and deep connections. We operate across offices in Mountain View, Palo Alto, San Francisco, New York City in the United States; Tel Aviv in Israel; Berlin in Germany; and Seoul in South Korea.
Samsung NEXT Ventures is looking for a dynamic, experienced venture investor to lead early-stage venture investments from its New York office.
Overall responsibilities include:
- Lead and develop a team of investment professionals in New York
- Contribute to overall vision and direction of Samsung NEXT and NEXT Ventures as a senior member
- Lead deal teams from New York in collaboration with teams in all NEXT offices around all aspects of investment: development of investment themes, sourcing, business and technical due diligence, negotiation, approval, closing
- Guide and manage performance of portfolio companies, including service as board director or observer and principal point of contact with portfolio companies
- Conduct internal business development to deliver collaborations and partnerships between Samsung and portfolio companies
- Establish and maintain strong professional networks inside and outside Samsung
- Provide thought leadership in investment function and technology domains
- 15+ years of experience in technology industries
- 15+ years venture capital, startup leadership, investment banking, private equity, business development, or similar roles
- Strong professional network in startup community
- MBA or advanced technical degree preferred
Necessary Skills & Attributes:
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Demonstrable thought leadership in technology and startup investing
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills – able to communicate complexity simply
- Proven ability to build and sell business cases to various stakeholders including senior executives
- Clearly able to drive projects and initiatives through a complex organization
- Comfortable working in teams in a complex, matrixed environment, building relationships and interacting with colleagues at all levels
- Strong analytical skills and able to identify core issues quickly