The Government of Israel Economic Mission to The West Coast is looking for a new Director of Business Development for an open position in San Francisco. The Director will work to strengthen the trade relationship between Israel and the Western region of the United States. In addition to working on general trade issues, the Director will oversee targeted economic sectors in specific industries. Ideal candidates must be able to grasp complex ideas quickly while also being assertive, detail oriented, diligent, and gregarious. Ideal candidates will be new and recent graduates with 1-2 years professional experience.
Israel Economic Mission to the West Coast:
The Government of Israel Economic Mission to the West Coast is responsible for enhancing bi-national trade relations between the West Coast and Israeli business communities. The main fields of activity include promoting trade and exports, attracting and encouraging foreign investments and creating strategic cooperation with foreign companies. By leveraging its networking capacity and industry knowledge in Israel and the Western United States, the Economic Mission is able to seamlessly engage prospective business partners half a world apart.
Primary Responsibilities of the role:
- Acting as a liaison between the local public and private economic and governmental organizations on the West Coast.
- Assisting foreign exporters in finding resources and contacts needed to enter or expand into the American market.
- Identifying potential partnerships between foreign and American companies.
- Assuming all aspects of business development, including cultivating contacts and following news and/or trends for the above-mentioned economic sectors.
- Cooperating with other organizations, associations, and government offices to plan and oversee events and trade missions.
- Promoting foreign industry to the business community of the West Coast.
- Building a network of professionals to help support international business and trade.
- Addressing administrative tasks within the office setting.
- English writing and communication skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite;
- Graphic and web design expereience are a plus but not necessary;
- Experience with a CRM desired;
- The ability to multitask in a fast paced and intense work environment;
- Familiarity with Silicon Valley business culture and venture capital industry is a plus;
- Multiple language skills not required;
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
All potential candidates will be subject to a background check.
Important to note: Potential hire to start as soon as possible. A this time, we will only be considering candidates already based in the United States.
Additionally: Applicants must have the proper authorization to work in the US. We cannot sponsor foreign work visas, including Israeli nationals at this time.