We are an ever-growing global team of the world’s most remarkable entrepreneurs, designers, engineers, venture architects, product experts and investors. Our ventures create a strategic advantage for the most important global companies.
This is BCG Digital Ventures. Adventure awaits you…
Introducing our Venture Operations Team.
Are you up for the adventure of a lifetime? Our Venture Operations Team is how we redefine what’s possible. It’s where organizational insight aligns with operational excellence to keep our business thriving and producing imaginative ventures that have to be seen to be believed.
From human resources and information technology to marketing and operations management, the Venture Operations Team is the internal force that drives us forward, enabling us to expand the limits of human expectation with our compelling products, services and ventures.
Together, these one-of-a-kind problem-solvers direct our inner corporate structures with incomparable precision, profound analytic foresight and a deep commitment to world-class business services.
The Global Lead Venture Analyst will work in the Venture Finance Team, which operates as a subset of BCG Digital Ventures Global Finance Team. The candidate will support the DV Investment Committee and venture build teams with investment related topics, and provide performance summaries of the DV portfolio for the broader DV finance function and management.
- Investment Committee Support
- Manage pipeline of potential investments under IC review
- Prepare pitch decks, checklists, one-pagers, etc. for the weekly calls
- Provide analyses and thought leadership to further enhance the DV investment strategy
- Continually improve the investment process
- Venture Team Support
- Educate the venture teams on the investment process
- Provide analysis and feedback on investment structures
- Prepare Cap Tables and other investment analyses as requested
- Write and edit investment memos with the venture team leader
- DV and BCG Finance Support
- Work with the Commercial Finance team to evaluate equity pricing structures
- Prepare slides for monthly management reporting packages
- Interview DV portfolio company CEO’s and board members to prepare quarterly investment summary
- Own and manage venture finance portfolio reports and databases
- Track equity and IP development figures to support FP&A reporting
- Track performance of launched ventures
- Support venture finance marketing efforts, including maintaining internal team website
- Maintain repositories and summaries of deal documents and best practices
- 7-10 years out of undergrad, MBA and international experience a plus
- Experience with start-ups and raising capital, either as a founder, investor, consultant
- Previous work in finance, preferably in Private Equity or Venture Capital
- Strong Excel skills: Experience building financial deal models from scratch
- Strong PowerPoint skills: Experience preparing pitch decks, able to present information and data in a compelling way by creating tables/charts/graphs and leveraging graphic elements
- Experience performing investment due diligence and preparing investment memos
- Understands capital structures and characteristics of varying classes of equity
- Ability to use tools like Pitchbook, CB Insights, and/or CapIQ to perform research
- General accounting knowledge
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.