Rooks Nest Ventures (RNV) is an early stage venture capital firm that invests at the intersection of media and technology. Using our unique background in media, technology and finance, we aim to partner with visionary entrepreneurs, and help them build companies that will have a positive impact on global culture.
Why Are We Hiring?
We believe in the importance of innovating in how RNV delivers exponential value to our portfolio companies, as well as the wider startup community. We are looking for someone who has the vision to create an exciting strategy around this belief, as well as the ability to execute it.
Why Choose RNV?
RNV is one of the few early stage investors in Europe that solely focuses on media. This is an opportunity for somebody who has both creativity and business acumen to join a unique and ambitious firm, and help build the next generation of great media businesses.
1. Effectively communicate the mission, values and goals of the fund to the wider VC and media communities, in a way that adds value to both them and us.
- We are looking for someone who has the ability to help strategise, and then oversee all of our initiatives in this area.
- We see there being two main conduits for this: networking (one to one) and content, although we are always open to new ideas and approaches!
2. Provide Portfolio Company Support
- Involves identifying opportunities where we can add value to our portfolio companies, and then executing on it.
- 4 years + experience in marketing, community, partnership, project management or content production
- Experience working as – or closely with – a startup founder
- Exposure to the production of content or any description (editorial, video, film, audio etc)
- Passion for Media, Technology, Content and Storytelling
- Ability to understand partner objectives, and align the strengths of the Rooks Nest organisation to meet them
- A high level of intellectual curiosity
- Experienced in the production and delivery of events with commercial goals.
- Has used an email management system (such as Mailchimp)
- Been involved with the production of content
- Previous use of a CRM database