SOSV is a global venture capital firm providing seed, venture and growth stage funding to over 150 startups per year. SOSV runs some of the world’s leading accelerators in a variety of sectors (including hardware, life sciences, food, robotics, medical devices and beyond). The primary legal function for SOSV operates from the Cork City office in Ireland. Most transactions are effected in US law, but a wide variety of startups are funded in over 50 other countries globally.
SOSV is recruiting an in-house VC Counsel to lead our global team of 3 legal staff. This is a temporary position to cover maternity leave, but with the potential to offer an extended role depending on the candidate. The position is to commence immediately.
The successful candidate will have specific responsibility for managing and monitoring all legal agreements of SOSV’s accelerator programs and for providing advice to the SOSV’s investment partners on investment transactions.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years professional experience in the area of commercial law, with significant corporate transactional exposure;
- experience in drafting, negotiating, reviewing and advising on a variety of commercial and investment contracts;
- strategic commercial focus, attention to detail and business acumen;
- excellent analytical skills with the ability to work on own initiative in an extremely fast-paced, international environment;
- the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner to all levels within the SOSV organization and with third parties;
- previous in-house experience is preferred.
To apply for the role please submit your CV and cover letter, on or before February 10, 2018 to email@example.com