Catalonia Trade & Investment agency is a worldwide team of 400+ highly motivated individuals working for a foreign government-embedded agency that handles bilateral trade and investment projects around the world. Our organization has 39 offices around the world and has been around for over 23 years now. Our Silicon Valley team is growing.
The Consultant will be responsible to provide support services to Catalan companies and startups that have an interest in the Silicon Valley and the California entrepreneurial and technology ecosystem. Additionally, this role will be responsible for promoting/generating collaborative agreements in order to position Barcelona and the Catalan innovation ecosystem into Western US market.
Area of influence of the office: Western US. Primary focus and priority to be in Silicon Valley and the State of California.
- Promotion of: the innovation and entrepreneurship system in Catalonia/Barcelona; Catalan technologies.
- Establishment of: a rolodex of contacts with key players in the innovation and entrepreneurial ecosystem of Silicon Valley, especially in the fields of venture capital, accelerators, and law.
- Establishment of: innovation and/or entrepreneurship collaboration agreements (local agents and/or institutions).
- Preparation of: reports on the local innovation and entrepreneurship ecosystem; prioritization of sectors and technological areas where collaborative opportunities can be identified.
More specifically, the role will include the following tasks to develop:
- Startups and corporate venturing:
- Promotion of programs connecting Catalan startups and the Silicon Valley ecosystem.
- Promotion of programs connecting Silicon Valley investors and potential customers for the Catalan startups.
- International Corporate Program: identifying startups with interesting technologies for medium and large Catalan companies.
- Organization of missions for Catalan startups, medium, and/or large companies in the field of corporate venturing.
- Innovation and Technological Cooperation:
- Technological surveillance/watch to identify opportunities and trends of interest for Catalonia; detection of public procurement tenders for innovation.
- Identification of companies and other entities with an interest in establishing R+D collaborations and/or investments with Catalan partners. This includes bilateral talent exchange programs in the field of innovation between the regions. The Consultant will also provide support when structuring these projects.
- Organization of technological missions and other brokerage events.
- Once the annual Action Plan has been defined, the Consultant must be able to autonomously and proactively carry out assignments, under the supervision of the Silicon Valley Office Director and the Innovation team in Barcelona.
Professional Profile Of Candidates and Requirements:
- Bachelors or higher university degree, preferably related to a technology field or similar.
- Candidates with degrees in other fields will be valued based on experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in management related to entrepreneurship, with knowledge in the field of technology transfer and innovation.
- Fluent command of English as well as Catalan or Spanish languages.
- Full availability to travel domestic and international.
- Proof of legal right to work in the United States.
It Will Be Highly Valued:
- MBA and / or postgraduate or doctoral studies related to Innovation, processes of Internationalization of companies and / or technology or research centers.
- Knowledge of the innovation ecosystem in the Western U.S., as well as of the most relevant U.S. institutions in entrepreneurial and innovation fields.
- You will need to demonstrate certain knowledge of the socioeconomic situation and the innovation ecosystem of Catalonia and Spain.
- International work experience.
Person Specification. Aptitudes And Abilities:
- Effective communicative ability and capacity to relate, empathize, and negotiate
- Capacity to analyze, plan, define priorities, and organize
- Adaptability and versatility
- Ability to integrate
- Results-oriented person
- Resilience, ability to work, involvement
The successful candidate will carry out its duties at the Catalonia Trade & Investment (ACCIO) office located in Silicon Valley, California.
Apply by sending your updated resume, in addition to a cover letter stating why you feel that you are well suited to this position and demonstrating the skills outlined above to Isabel Glasberg email@example.com