ING’s strategy is centred around providing a best in class experience to its customers, aiming to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and business. Innovation is considered to be a core enabler to accomplish this mission, especially given the fast changing environment we live in today, with the availability and fast speed development of new technologies and changing customer behaviours. Partnering with and investing in fintechs is core to our innovation activities as we see it as a way to accelerate the implementation of our strategy and increase business impact.
The role of an intern at ING Ventures is to support the team in finding fintechs that have the potential to disrupt our core business or that would create ‘beyond banking’ opportunities, i.e. new business models for the bank. An intern will support the Associates and Deal Principals in the origination and execution of new investments in fintechs, as well as in monitoring and evaluating our existing portfolio.
As an intern you will be treated as a full member of our team and you will be given the opportunity to gain practical work experience and develop your skillset. You will get external exposure to other ING departments, you will attend meetings and support with due diligence. Given the entrepreneurial angle of our team we are looking for proactive and professional individuals.
About ING Ventures:
ING Ventures, is a €300m venture capital fund that invests in fintech companies around the world. In the next four years, it will build a portfolio of investments to help ING accelerate the pace of innovation. The team has full responsibility for the origination, execution and portfolio management of all fintech investments within ING.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Analyse tech trends and scout investment opportunities
- Gather information on target companies and other summary materials
- Assist in preparation of presentations and financial analyses
- Forecast business and financial performance of target companies
- Prepare and develop venture capital valuation models
- Support Associates preparing investment proposals
- Technology savvy and affinity with technology trends
- Bachelor student with a strong academic track record
- Strong interest in Innovation / Venture Capital / Corporate Finance
- Fluent in English (Dutch is not required)
- Availability 4-6 months
Apply directly online, click on Apply for this job. For further inquiries, please contact Erwin Nowak firstname.lastname@example.org . Please send your CV and motivation in English. We are looking forward to your application! For more information on vacancies please check www.ing.jobs/Nederland