Greenspring Associates is one of the largest venture capital investment firms in the world, currently managing almost
$7 billion in assets across fund, direct and secondary investment strategies. The Firm has over 60 employees with offices in Baltimore, Maryland and Palo Alto, California.
Greenspring Associates was founded in 2000 and has been actively investing in venture capital partnerships, expansion stage venture/growth equity direct investments and secondary market positions through its fund products.
Summer Analysts will be responsible for supporting the activities of the investment team in analyzing, monitoring and researching both potential and existing fund and direct investments. Education is also a significant component of the program, as Summer Analysts will gain insight into the broader venture capital ecosystem through data-driven research projects, hands-on learning with the investment team and participation in weekly calls with the broader partnership.
Specific responsibilities for the Summer Analyst position include:
- Performing quantitative analysis, including company, manager and performance modeling and valuation
- Conducting company, manager and industry research
- Participating in due diligence calls with company management teams and General Partners
- Assisting in all aspects of the transaction, whether fund, direct or secondary
- Communicating investment recommendations through written work, including one-page summaries and investment memorandums
- Developing and maintaining proprietary transaction and market intelligence
- Performing investment monitoring analysis in support of the investment team
- Performing other ad hoc projects that reflect the broader needs of the Firm
Desired Skills and Experience
Most importantly, ideal candidates should display strong attention to detail, a highly professional manner and a dedication to maintaining the Firm’s existing relationships within the venture capital community.
Specific qualifications for the Analyst position include:
- Related course work in Economics, Finance, Accounting and Business preferred
- Related internship experience in finance, management consulting or start-ups preferred
- Strong analytical, writing and technical skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- A professional presence coupled with the relationship skills to interact effectively with internal and external parties
- A highly-motivated self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team context
Please note that this is a summer position for rising seniors with the potential to become a full-time analyst after graduation.