We are looking for an Analyst to join our investment team. It’s an exciting time for Bluefield, as we are exploring new markets and our investment team is growing. This position requires a highly analytical and motivated individual who would enjoy being part of a small team focused on renewable energy investment. The role will involve working with senior colleagues across all stages of the investment lifecycle.
1. Financial modelling and analysis
Under supervision of senior members of the investment team, you will:
- Develop, manage and analyse financial models to assess greenfield and operational solar projects and portfolios across different geographies (predominantly UK and Europe);
- Undertake quarterly, semi-annual and annual valuations of fund portfolios; and
- Contribute and eventually manage and review fund valuation models.
2. Investment support including:
- Support with the preparation and submission of non-binding and confirmatory offers on portfolios;
- Assist with due diligence on M&A activities;
- Support the review and negotiation of project documentation related to investment opportunities, such as share purchase agreements, power purchase agreements, EPCs and operations and maintenance (O&M) contracts; and
- Contribute to assessing the ongoing performance of investments;
3. Business development
To contribute to the wider business, you will:
- Support analysis of optimisation opportunities for the existing portfolio;
- Follow and report on sector news and industry developments;
- Investigate and research new markets for Bluefield;
- Analyse and report on emerging technologies such as storage; and
- Carry out competitor analysis;
Skills & Experiences:
To excel in this role, you will have:
- 1+ years’ experience in investment or financing, preferably with a renewable energy focus
- Obtained at least a 2:1 (or equivalent) in your chosen degree discipline
- Strong track record of academic and work performance
- Strong financial and analytical ability
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on multiple assignments and prioritise workload to ensure task completion
- Flexibility to meet a range of tasks in a rapidly changing team environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- A pro-active approach to problem solving
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Personable and professional approach
- Highly organised with good time management skills
To thrive at Bluefield and in this role you will have a logical and analytical approach to work, be detailed focused and collaborative. We see that you possess a work hard attitude and a growth mind set where learning and development is not only goals, but core values. If this is you, please apply by uploading your CV and Cover Letter before the 17th of May.
Bluefield Partners LLP (“Bluefield”) was established in 2009 and is one of the fastest growing investment groups focused on solar PV in Europe. It is supported by Bluefield Services Ltd (“BSL”), its Bristol based Asset Management Company. In 2013 Bluefield listed the Bluefield Solar Income Fund (BSIF) on the London Stock Exchange - the first and highest performing of the publicly traded solar PV focused investment companies. BSIF has over £600m of gross assets and ca. 460 MWp of UK based solar PV farms. The Bluefield team has been involved in over £1.5 billion of solar PV funds and/or transactions in both the UK and Europe since our inception, including £750m in the UK since 2011. Bluefield is looking at investments in Europe and UK and we are proud to be one of the leaders in our field.
Based in London, our three founding partners are supported by a team of 15 dedicated and highly experienced investment, legal, finance, investor relations, portfolio and admin employees.
We foster ambition corporately and individually to exceed our expectations. We act with integrity and honesty in all working practices and treat our colleagues, clients and counterparties with respect and dignity. We succeed together, going beyond the limitations of titles, teams and tasks to support each other, sharing both experience and effort, to achieve the wider business goals.