Kapor Capital is an early stage venture capital firm based in Oakland, CA. We invest in seed stage information technology companies that generate strong economic value and positive social impact. Specifically, we look for companies that are addressing lack of access and opportunity for underserved communities, or are bringing about the disruptive democratization of a sector. Investment sectors include, but are not limited to, education, financial inclusion, health, employment, and justice. The firm has more than 100 companies in its portfolio, including LendUp, Genius Plaza, Pigeonly, Health Sherpa, Managed by Q, Clever and Honor.
Kapor Capital is looking for an exceptional team member to fill an Investment Analyst position within our investment team. This is an entry-level, pre-MBA, 2-year position. You will work closely with our team, responsible for reviewing new investment opportunities, supporting deal execution, conducting market research, and improving our reach in the local startup ecosystem.
- Respond to potential investment inquiries courteously and quickly
- Perform due diligence and analysis of the fund’s investment opportunities
- Develop and deliver research presentations to fund partners and portfolio companies
- Conduct market research on competitive industries, evaluate certain products and services and identify trends, patterns, and gaps/opportunities
- Participate and contribute in weekly investment team meetings
- Work with investment professionals to support existing portfolio companies
- Represent Kapor Capital at industry events, conferences and networking activities
- You have a demonstrated experience, interest and a real passion for technology, entrepreneurship, and the startup world
- You are committed to social impact and supporting entrepreneurs, especially from underrepresented backgrounds and those building companies that close gaps of access and/or opportunity for low-income communities and/or communities of color
- You are able to perform and prioritize multiple tasks at a time with extreme attention to detail
- You have an inquisitive personality, able to gather and synthesize information, and draw meaningful conclusions
- You are an excellent communicator
- BA/BS or equivalent practical experience
- Ability to work in our Oakland, CA Headquarters
Nice to Have:
- University graduate to 2 years of relevant experience
- Previous venture capital or startup experience; internship experience valuable
- Experience with financial modeling
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant with face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. You have proven experience and interest in technology, business and the startup world.
Kapor Capital provides competitive compensation commensurate with experience, and an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, basic life and disability insurance, 401K, paid time off, holiday benefits and more. The Kapor Center is located in the uptown district of Oakland, with excellent access to public transportation.
Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories”, Kapor Capital also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g. stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Kapor Capital.