HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Investment Analyst.
- Support senior investment professionals in all aspects of the investment process such as origination, due diligence, execution
- Support in managing portfolio companies through the investment life cycle such as valuations, internal connectivity, exit process
- Support the team in achieving key strategic goals and managing of internal and external stakeholders as appropriate
- Assist in evaluating investment opportunities by undertaking detailed analysis, inter alia, strategic, financial, market, commercial, management
- Assist in investment due diligence process and managing internal and external advisors such as strategic, commercial, market, financial
- Under the supervision of a Director or Head of Strategic Innovation Investments, directly engage with companies to review specific aspects of their business
- Under the supervision of a Director or Head of Strategic Innovation Investments and with the support of Legal, actively participate in the discussion on investment terms
- Prepare investments submissions
- Assist in all investment execution process including documentation, compliance, internal sign offs
- Monitor investments and help prepare valuations and strategic returns reviews
- Participate in development of annual investment themes and strategies
- Support team in knowledge sharing and innovation development within HSBC
- Knowledge and enthusiasm for venture capital
- Experience of working in small teams with senior investment professionals
- Solid understanding of the financial markets and key trends
- Experience in researching, analysing and presenting on industries, companies and strategy
- Experience in financial modelling and company valuations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.