Ventureast is one of the longest standing Venture capital fund managers in India, investing since 1997 and managing in excess of $400+ million. The company has a diverse portfolio of more than 100 investments in Technology, Healthcare and Clean Environment. Our family of funds include a technology fund and a Life fund.
Ventureast is one the few early-stage venture capital funds in India, with investments in companies across sectors including technology, education, consumer internet, QSR and infrastructure services.
We are looking to hire an analyst for a full-time position for our technology-focused fund based out of Bangalore, India. The role will provide a significant amount of hands-on exposure to the world of start-ups, along with an opportunity to work with one of the most experienced investment teams in the industry.
The analyst will be responsible for:
- Sourcing and evaluating new opportunities along with the senior investment team
- Generating emerging sector-related ideas, tracking market data and identifying trends
- Supporting the investment team in due diligence and post-investment portfolio management
- Supporting the partnership in the fundraising efforts of the firm through deep sectoral research and preparation of investor pitches.
In addition to the above, the analyst will play a key role in:
- Investor communications, including quarterly and annual reports
- Managing compliance in portfolio companies
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong Excel, Communication, Research and Analytical skills are essential and will be tested
- Strong curiosity for technology, businesses and startups
- Major in Engineering, Science, Math or Economics from a premier Institution preferred (Global Top Ten Schools, or the NITs, IITs, BITS, St. Stephens in India)
- 2-3 years of work experience. Exposure to Internet / technology / consulting/ IB preferred
- Will be working with a small team, so must be a self-starter and one capable of high level of initiative
- Significant campus leadership experience and extra-curricular achievements
- Understanding of finance and accounting is a plus
- Will be a two-three year commitment
- Experience and exposure to the full cycle venture capital process
- Hands-on opportunity to work directly in live situations
- Direct interactions with General Partners and Principals on 2-3 person teams
- Excellent experience in the nascent and fast-growing Indian VC / PE industry
- Valuable for candidates inclined to pursue a top quality MBA in future (Admits to Wharton, Booth, Columbia, ISB etc.)
Application will be open till 8th March 2018. Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis, it is in your interest to apply early.
Please check your email after 8th March for an update. Shortlisted candidates will be expected to submit an assignment / project on a topic provided by us. Please keep your weekend (10th-11th Mar) available for this assignment